The Undead Challenge - Winners

Welcome, Darklings!

Are you ready for a thrill? We're about to take a deep dive into the world of immortal love. We challenged our writers to whip up bite-sized tales that'll make your heart race faster than a vampire chasing its next meal. And they did! So, dim the lights, grab your favorite stake (or blood bag), and get ready for some undead romance. From blood-red roses to moonlit confessions, these stories have it all!

 From blood-red roses to moonlit confessions, these stories have it all!

🩸WINNERS🩸

0penpage - Promise Day

Prompt:
Centuries ago, lured by the promise of eternal life, youth, and power, you became a vampire. But as centuries unfold and the world changes around you, the weight of your promise grows heavier. Will you honour the promise made in the darkness, or will you seek redemption for the eternal curse that now binds you?

Winning entry:
The latter centuries were spent posing as a familiar to the very creature Gerry harboured inside. It used to be easy, this trickery to feast or persuade. Nevertheless, years spent in the sun weakened him. It now presented a pathway back to the mortal world. A world of richer promises.

🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️

MiaKurenai_2009 - Kiss Day

Prompt:
You face the ultimate test of self-control. As you lean in to kiss the human you've fallen for, the intoxicating scent of their blood fills your senses. Can you resist the urge to taste, to sink your fangs into their tender flesh?
Winning entry:
The smell of her blood was Ambrosial. 'Come on, you can't hurt her', my subconscious warned. But it is difficult to listen to it when you are kissing your loved one, whose blood scent is enough to raise fantasies. She pulled away with a smile. Maybe some other day.

🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️🧛‍♂️

Alavirienne09 - Rose Day

Prompt:
Amidst the romantic gesture of receiving 100 red roses, your evening took an unexpected twist as a thorn pricked your finger. You shook off the pain with a laugh, but when you met your date's gaze again, something had changed. Their gaze now reflected the crimson hue of the roses, and their fangs peeked out subtly, revealing who or rather what they really are.
Winning entry:
Vampire...
This thought invaded his mind. His eyes couldn't leave the beautiful pale visage of the young man - the young vampire - he was facing. After all this time, finally, the truth. His love seemed so nervous. He bent over the restaurant table and whispered:
"I won't leave you. I promise."