Chapter 2

Zayaan drove away to a silent yet peaceful garden. The place has always comforted him, whenever he is sad, angry or disturbed, he comes here to refresh his mind. Moreover he can be truly himself here as it is empty, allowing no one to judge him.

He sat there in silence for almost an hour trying to gather his emotions, for the first ten to fifteen minutes, tears refused to come out, but as his mind pondered over the events happened in past, it came rolling down his cheeks without him even realizing.

After an hour, a call from his father brought him back to reality.

Assalamualaikum Baba – he answered the call after wiping his face.

Waalaikumassalam Zayaan betay kahan ho aap? Has the meeting ended already? How did it go? –Ibrahim asked in one go.

Zayaan took a deep breath: G Baba! It went well but the decision is still remaining, let's see.

Ibrahim: that's great. Where are you now? Aapki mama lunch pe intezar kr rhi hain. Also pick Azaan from school on your way back.

Zayaan: G Baba, I am coming.

Ibrahim: kheriyat se aao. Allah hafiz!

Zayaan hung up saying Allah hafiz.

He wiped his face, and got up after taking a deep breathe, and drove away to Azaan's school.

On reaching the school, he was met with the sight he was expecting the least.

He sighed looking at Azaan outside the school with his friends. Zayaan looked at his watch and there was still time left for the school. One look at them and he knew they bunked.

He was already tired, and now he has to deal with his bratty brother of him.

Zayaan shook his head and went to them.

Azaan and his friends were trying to climb the school wall back so that they won't get caught.

Suddenly there was a tap on his shoulder, Azaan turned around: kya yaar – but the color of his face got drained seeing Zayaan glaring a him with fire in his eyes.

B-bhai – he stammered

Kya yaar bhai ko kya yaad kr rhy ho, let's go inside before Bhai comes in real – said Aina, she was yet to notice Zayaan throwing daggers at them with his eyes.

Iski zrurat nhi parhy gi Aina – Zayaan voice out.

Aina turned around with a jolt, she gasped as she opened her mouth to say something but closed it again as nothing came out.

The other two boys with them also saw him and they were also very scared as it could reach higher authorities now.

Zayaan: Let's go inside, your principal needs to know what her students are doing in the school hours.

Aina and the other two boys immediately shook their heads: no please we are sorry Bhai – Aina knew she was already in enough trouble, she doesn't want to add suspension to it, and the other two kids were scared that it would reach their guardians along with the principal.

Zayaan looked at Azaan, he was just looking down too scared to say anything.

Zayaan: so what say Azaan, should we go to inside or go home and tell baba?

Azaan looked at him with terrified eyes: b-bhai please – both the options were equally scary.

Zayaan shook his head: there should be no next time kids or I will make sure that your principal and guardians both know. Understood?

All four of them nodde immediately

Zayaan: let's go home an Aina come I will drop you too – he said to Azaan and Aina – and you two go home straight from here okay? – he said to the other kids.

The other two boys nodded and thanked him and went away.

Aina: iski zrurat nhi hai bhai, the driver will be coming in a while- she tried to play smart with him but he is Zayaan Ibrahim Khan.

Zayaan glared at her: do you want me to call Aliyan bhai here and show him what was happening here? I bet you don't, so get in the car.

Aina nodded slowly band got in the car while Azaan also followed them silently.

The ride home was silent, Zayaan was too angry to say anything while the other twowere praying for someone to save them.

Zayaan dropped Aina to her house first, it was only Ayaan at home since it was their semester break as Aliyan was in hospital and Mr. and Mrs. Sikandar were out for some family gathering.

But Zayaan did let Ayaan know about the trouble of his sister, but Aina knew she could calm Ayaan easily so that was not a big problem.

Just as he pulled the car in their home's driveway, Zayaan turned to Azaan before getting out: Baba should not know about this, unka BP already high tha subha, I don't want him taking stress, lekin hum sham me baat krein gy is pr, for now wipe that look off your face and go inside – he said in his usual stern tone making Azaan breath hich.

While Azaan was thankful he wasn't telling their Baba, he knew Zayaan won't let him off the hook easily. He gulped thinking about the consequences.

Azaan I said something – Zayaan said harshly when Azaan didn't reply making the younger jump out of his skin.

G- g Bhai – Azaan nodded immediately.

Let's go inside now – Zayaan said and maintained his normal face again.

Azaan just shook his head at his brother's duality, he took a deep breath to calm himself down as he followed Zayaan inside.

Assalamualaikum Mama Baba we are home – Azaan chirped entering inside

Zayaan also said his salam.

Waalaikumassalam a gaye mery bachay! Jao fresh ho jao, me khana lagwati hun –said Neelum in her love filled voice, she might not be the real mother of Zayaan but she never differentiated between both of them.

G mama – both of them said and went towards their rooms to freshen up.

After sometime, they came back, Ibrahim was also there now and they had lunch peacefully.

Meeting kesi rahi Zayaan? – Ibrahim asked as they settled in the living room after lunch. While azaan was busy disturbing his mama as she put the plates back in kitchen.

Zayaan: G it went well Baba – he didn't tell him about Izhaan because he has seen how their father has lost the hope of him ever coming back and now when he was here he don't want him to come in front of their father as it will just open his old wounds.

He thought after somedays he will tell his father that they didn't like his proposal so the deal was not finalized.

Proposal kesa lga unko? How was their board? , ohh excuse mee – Ibrahim was asking him but excused himself to take the call when his phone rang suddenly.

Zayaan let out a sigh of relief when Ibrahim went away, he didn't want to lie to his father but he also could not tell him the truth.

He leaned onto the couch as he glanced at the TV playing in front of him. He rolled his eyes as nothing special was playing on it.

But then suddenly a certain headline caught his eyes taking his breath away as he stared at the screen in utter shock.

Bhai! – he gasped.

To be continued...

Chapter 2 is up. I will be waiting for your feedback!