ྀ 5 : Qᴜᴏᴋᴋᴀ ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ

≻ 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 ⇾ 𝒏𝒐𝒏𝒆

≻ 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕⇾ 4,206

ϟ

ϟ

ϟ

┌─⸉꒷꒦⸊─────────────┐
𝒑𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒗𝒊𝒆𝒘
𝒋𝒊𝒔𝒖𝒏𝒈
└─────────────⸉꒷꒦⸊─┘

There wasn't much thinking being done on my part so much as actions of pure instinct taking place when I gaged the situation before me.

Only a few minutes prior, I had left Breve Seoul and made my way to my car; I had just gotten myself comfortable in the driver's seat when it began raining, the drops of water pattering on the outside of the vehicle and causing me to lift my head and gaze around the street where I had parked. After briefly observing people of Seoul seeking shelter under shop entrance canopies, my eyes caught sight of something in a vibrant shade of red.

As soon as I had realized it was none other than the barista Chaisai, my demeanor perked up and I observed her for a moment out of curiosity. She remained standing in the open air, rain beginning to drench her from head-to-toe, hands gripped tightly around a pair of headphones that were that same shade of red that initially drew my attention to her. My lip corners slightly tugged downwards as I took into account her slightly panicked expression, her brows tightly drawn together and her jaw clenching as she squeezed her eyes shut.

Thus, my instinct.

Once I'd ensured the street was clear of other cars at the moment, I shifted into drive and pulled up alongside the curb of the sidewalk she stood upon.

"Mind if I ask where you're heading?" I called out once I'd rolled down the window of my car, my hands resting over the steering wheel. "If you're comfortable with it, I'm happy to drive you," I added with a bright grin in hopes that it would calm whatever storm of emotion that was brewing in her head.

Chaisai seemed like she needed to get into a different space for whatever reason. Based on our past few interactions and the usual cold responses I always received, I couldn't help but to be secretly shocked by her next movements. She immediately hurried around my car towards the passenger seat, head down slightly, brows furrowed and expression distracted.

Before I could give it much thought, I hopped out of the driver's seat and snatched up the umbrella in the door's cubby and raised it over her head once I reached her. Once she was settled and buckled into the passenger seat, I sent her another smile before returning to my own seat and buckle.

"Where to?" I asked the girl, deciding to use more of a serious tone of voice rather than my usual teasing one with which she was more familiar.

There was a pause of silence before my question was answered, the only sound being the pitter-patter of rainfall over the car.

The address she gave me was familiar, and I soon realized it was the local aquarium and I didn't need to use the GPS to find it.

Another silence enveloped the car's atmosphere, though I didn't quite mind it, and I found myself frequently glancing at Chaisai in curiosity. I was discreet, however, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. It seemed, though, that she was very much steeped in complex inner workings of the mind as she observed her palms and fingers resting in her lap.