Chapter 8- IDK By Some Big Rock

Charlie's POV:

            I think I hear a faint knocking but I just fall back asleep. Then I peel open my eyes. Why is someone shaking me? "Go away" I groggily say before turning over. "Charlotte it's time to get up, Breakfast is almost over." One of my brothers says I can't bother trying to guess which one. "I'm not hungry. Besides, it's too early, try coming back at a later date." "Charlotte you have to get used to getting up at this time for school anyways, so up you go." Then he grabs my blankets but I'm not moving. "Charlotte if you don't get up I'm grabbing water." That's not a scary threat, I was best friends with two boys. We used to dump water on each other all the time during our sleepovers. I hear him walk away and I peek and see it's Wyatt trying to disturb my slumber. I hear him walk back in a little while later and I know what's coming. I take a deep breath and it hits my head but thankfully it's not ice cold. I don't react and I can tell it surprised my brother. "Huh, ok Charlotte I'm done playing around." Then I feel his meaty hands grab my waist and try to pick me up but I grip the sheets. "Charlotte, that's enough, let go!" He finally gives another good pull and I can't hold on anymore he gets me up and before I even know what's happening he gives me a big swatt. "Charlotte I never want to have to get you out of bed like that again. If I or one of your other brothers have that much trouble getting you up again it will be a full spanking do understand me." "Yes sir," I say quietly as I rub my sore butt. "If you have that much of an issue do we need to adjust your bedtime?" "No sir," I say quickly. I already go to bed early and can't have it any earlier. "Now I want to see you downstairs for breakfast in five minutes and don't make me come back up and get you." "Yes sir," I say looking at the wall behind him. He gives me a quick look and then walks out the door. I let out a breath and walked over to the door. He could have at least closed the door on his way out. His hand hurt way more than Colt's did. I didn't like the ending but at least I didn't give up. I like my sleep. I make my way over to my bed and fix the sheets and pillows some ended up on the floor. I don't pull the blankets all the way up so the sheet can dry. I don't have much time so I grab an all-black outfit, jeans, a T-shirt, and a hoodie with a white stripe down the sleeve. I finish in the bathroom, throw my hair up in a ponytail and grab my boots and phone as I walk out of my room. Wyatt is sitting at the table drinking coffee along with a ranch hand. I don't know what his problem is this morning. It's not like missing breakfast is a big deal. I do it all the time. I grab juice and two pieces of toast. I see Wyatt watch me but goes back to his conversation after I sit down. Once I'm done I pick up my dishes and head to my room to finish my packet so I can start my chores.

Wyatt's POV:

            I watch Charlotte walk away and I make my way outside. I knew she was stubborn, all of us are but that girl may even beat Colt. The threat of water will make the twins jump up, same with Brady when he was younger but it didn't even phase her. I just shake my head and make my way down towards the horse barn. Lucas is working with Lucifer in the corral. He still doesn't respond well to training. Most times he bolts away when people try to get near him. When Lucas sees me walk up he moves over to the fence. "What's that look for?" "Nothing, it's just your sister, she's not a morning person. Couldn't get her out of bed. Had to drag her out." "Did you try the water trick?" "Yes, and it didn't work even after I dumped the water on her." He starts to laugh uncontrollably. "It's not funny. Once I finally got her out I had to give her a swatt and then she wouldn't even look me in the face." He finally gets his laughing under control. "She'll be fine, not the best to start having to get punished so early in the morning but she has to learn. Besides at least it wasn't a full spanking. I don't want to be the first one to do that." "Yeah me either." After my conversation with Lucas, I head in and grab my horse Knight so we can head to the west border fencing.

Charlie's POV:

               It took me another hour to finish my school pack but thankfully it's done and I don't have to worry about anything school-related until Monday. I made it through most of my chores well enough having to take my hoodie off half way through. There was more wood to stack today than there was yesterday but it wasn't bad. I then figured if I have to deal with the chickens I'm doing it my way and not interacting with the stupid birds. I filled the buckets with water and set it by the gate then I grabbed their feed and dumped it on the opposite side. Then I ran back to the gate while they were distracted. I went as quickly as possible to give them fresh water. The whole time I just kept repeating that 'they taste delicious fried' over and over again. Just as I was finishing up one started to head my way. I bolted slamming the fence shut and making sure they couldn't get out. Taking a few seconds to catch my breath before putting the buckets back. Now that I was done with that nightmare-inducing task I headed towards the kitchen to ask August what I needed to do in the garden.