Chapter 5

The moment Avneet stepped through the door of her home, the familiar buzz of her phone greeted her. With a flutter of anticipation, she glanced at the screen and saw an email from one of London's most esteemed fashion producers. Her heart raced as she tapped to open it, and upon reading the contents, a surge of elation coursed through her. She couldn't contain her excitement; she leapt up, her joyous screams filling the room.

After a few moments of unrestrained celebration, she composed herself and headed to the bathroom for a refreshing shower

After a few moments of unrestrained celebration, she composed herself and headed to the bathroom for a refreshing shower. Slipping into her most comfortable pajamas, she felt a sense of calm envelop her. It was then that she decided to share the thrilling news with Sonia, her voice bubbling with excitement over the phone. "Māa, tusīṁ kī jāṇadē hō? Mainū Global Fashion Extravaganza vica bhārata dī numā'idagī karana la'ī cuṇi'ā gi'ā hai." (Translation: Ma, you know what? I am selected for representing India in the Global Fashion Extravaganza.)

Sonia's response was filled with pride and affection. "Mainū tuhāḍē'tē bahuta māṇa hai, musakan. Tusīṁ kadōṁ jā rahē hō?" (Translation: I am so proud of you, Muskan. When are you leaving?)

Avneet's reply came with a mix of eagerness and the realization of the daunting task ahead. "5 Dināṁ vica. Mainū ajē vī ika model dī khōja karana dī lōṛa hai." (Translation: In 5 days. I still need to search for a model.)

Sonia's words were a comforting embrace across the distance. "Maiṁ tērī kāmayābī la'ī raba agē aradāsa karāṅgī Muskan. Maiṁ tuhānū bā'ada vica call karāṅgā. Āpaṇā khi'āla rakhaṇā." (Translation: I will pray to God for your success, Muskan. I will call you later. Take care.)

With the call ended, Avneet's thoughts turned to Shubman. She dialed his number, and their simultaneous confessions brought a chuckle. "Maiṁ tuhānū kujha dasaṇā cāhudā hāṁ." (Translation: I want to tell you something.)

"I am selected to represent India in the Global Fashion Extravaganza in London," she shared, her voice a blend of pride and disbelief.

Shubman's congratulations were immediate, followed by his own revelation. "Congratulations, Neet. Well, I am selected as the Youth Fashion Icon from India for the same event."

The coincidence was too perfect, and Avneet's surprise was evident. "What? Really?" she exclaimed. Shubman's affirmation led to a spontaneous proposal. "Shub, I was wondering if we could go together?" His agreement was swift. "Good idea."

Their conversation meandered, and then an inspired thought struck Avneet. "Shub, can Shahneel di, model for my designs?" Shubman's response was promising. "I will ask her and let you know by tonight?"

With a plan in motion and her spirits soaring, Avneet hung up and set about her preparations for the event. The Global Fashion Extravaganza wasn't just an event; it was the opportunity of a lifetime, and she was ready to embrace it with open arms. Her excitement was palpable, a prelude to the grandeur and glamour that awaited her in London.