Chapter 5: Runaway

Two weeks later...

I don't even know how many days had passed since I was kidnapped, but every single day felt like an eternity. I wasn't locked up in the basement anymore, since they caught some random dude stealing from them and they decided to put him there to teach him a lesson. Whatever they meant.

I slowly earned their trust, since I tried to be honest with them every single time they asked me something. They were looking for Ognjen and tried to make me help them, but at the end they decided that it won't be a good plan. They thought that I would somehow tell him that they are after him and help him runaway.

It was 4am and I couldn't hear any noises. This was my one and only chance. My chances of surviving are 50/50. If they catch me, I'm dead. And if they don't, I'm free. I just need to do it carefully and quietly.

I decided to go to another cell they have and break a window there. I couldn't leave through the front door, since they have guards there. I was trying to remember every single thing I could to help me escape. There was only one way out. Through the cells.

But it's not as easy. In every single one of them they have cameras. That's why I needed to get to the room where are all the cameras and turn off the one that's in the cell next to the one I was staying at.

I quietly walked into the room seeing the guy that was watching the cameras passed out snoring. I quickly turned off both cell cameras just to make them confused about the fact from where I escaped. I made sure to delete the footage of me walking to this room and turn off a camera from the hallway that's leading to the cells.

Then I quickly started running to the cells and closing the door. I broke the window down and barely managed to crawl out of there, but I was finally free.

There was a forest in front of me and I started getting worried. If I get lost, I'm in deep shit since they will probably find me.

I started running towards the forest and after a while, I was out of there and standing on the road. I saw a car passing by and I started waving my hands to get their attention. Maybe they will be kind enough to take me home. Or at least somewhere near my house.

The car stopped and I stopped next to the window to the drivers side. "Please, help me! I was kidnapped and I don't know where am I. Please, can you drop me off in Petrovaradin?" I breathed out sounding desperate.

The person rolled down their window and I saw... Ognjen?

My luck is just great. He will probably do even worse things to me and there was nothing I could do. "Get inside the car," He finally spoke. His voice was so deep and it sent shivers down my spine. I was standing there like an idiot for a minute staring at him. "Are you going to get in or should I leave you here alone? Cars don't really go through this road," He spoke again.

I nodded and opened the door to the passenger seat. His car was very expensive and I was surprised about his taste in cars. The car was black Mercedes AMG G63 and everything in the inside was leather. "Sit down already," His voice brought me out of my trance.

I sat down not wanting to piss him off. He started driving again not moving his eyes from the road and I took my chance to look at every single detail of him. Just if he kidnaps me or something, so I can describe his looks.

Who am I lying? Deep down I knew that wasn't the reason to check him out.

He had black hair that was really short. On the sides he didn't have any hair and I noticed a tattoo behind his ear. There was a skull holding guns. It looked so interesting and I wonder what's the reason behind it.

I could see tattoos on his hands and fingers and since the sleeves of his shirt were slightly rolled up, I suspected that he had a sleeve tattoo since his hands were covered in them. He had beard that was only on his chin and mustache. I usually don't like that type of beard, but on him it looked so hot.

He was hot.

"What were you even doing here?" I finally woke up from my trance deciding to make at least a small talk with him. "Just passing by after work," He said still not looking away from the road. I hummed in response. I wasn't even in the mood to talk. I just wanted to sleep.

"Who are you?" I finally mustered up the courage to ask him. "Ognjen Petrović," He said while still smirking. "That's not the answer I wanted," I muttered to myself. "Ask around," He said. And don't I look like I already tried doing that? And where did that get me? Nowhere. I wouldn't be asking him if I knew.

"As if I didn't tried to already," I rolled my eyes. "Too bad beautiful," He looked at me with a grin. I sighed and looked out the window. Why can't he just tell me? Who else is going to if he won't?

"Why did you kill the guy I was dancing with?" I asked him hoping to get at least one of my questions answered. "I already told you." I saw him clenching his jaw. "Told me what?" I raised my eyebrow and he stopped the car in the middle of the road. What the fuck is he doing?

"He can't dance with you nor anyone else," He looked at me while taking out a pack of cigarettes as he lit one. "Do you want one?" He offered and I decided to take one. I lit mine as well and suddenly all of my stress was gone. "And why can't he dance with me? I don't understand," I looked at him.

"You won't stop asking questions, won't you beautiful?" He chuckled. I shook my head no.

"Because I don't like it," After a while he spoke again. "And why is that?" He threw the cigarette out of the window before answering. "Because I want you and if I can't have you no one can."

Excuse me?

I felt butterflies in my stomach even though I knew he was probably joking or wanted me only to please him. "Well that's too bad because I don't want you. Plus I'm not working as a personal whore if you see me in that way. I'm not interested," I told him making him smirk.

"I don't think we understood each other, did we beautiful?" He chuckled sending shivers down my spine. "I don't want you to be my personal whore when I need to fuck someone. Well that also, but that's not the main reason." What does he mean by that?

He saw my confusion, but didn't say anything else leaving me all confused. When he doesn't want me only for his needs then he wants something more with me or not? I was getting really confused about all of this.

I mean he met me two days ago and saw me for the third time and told me that he wants me. What kind of person does that?

I'm not going to lie, he's so fucking hot and I wouldn't mind having something with him, but it was strange. I don't know who this guy is and no one wants to tell me. Not even he himself. If he wants us to be something then he should at least tell me something.

We were in front of my grandparents house and he carried me inside quietly. He placed me on my bed and helped me change. After that he lays down next to me facing the roof.

"Where were you for these past two weeks?" He asked looking at me. "His brother kidnapped me. Tried to make me help them kill you, but I refused," I replied half asleep. "What? Who's brother?" He stood up frustrated. "Andrew's, the guy I danced with," I replied slowly falling asleep.

"I will make sure they pay for this," he said stroking my cheek.