Volume 3 Chapter 10 The Imperial Academy: Part 3

Frieda’s route had numerous game -over sequences and was infamously scary. I wasn’t letting a person like that anywhere near my daughters.

“C’est la vie. We’ll have to rain-check, then. Anyway, have you two grown used to life in the empire?” She didn’t back off, but at least she showed some concern for us. Despite being a total yandere, she could be nice. At least on the surface level.

“Yes, the empire is much more comfortable than I expected,” Claire answered honestly.

For the briefest of moments, Frieda’s face went dark before returning to her smiling facade. Claire didn’t seem to notice, but I definitely did. Maybe we did need a bit of distance from her after all.

“Oui, the empire is very comfortable! And I hear the Bauer Kingdom is very comfortable as well!” Frieda smiled as she gave Claire a friendly pat on the shoulder.

“Claire belongs to me, Frieda. Please don’t touch her so carelessly.”

“Oh! Sorry, sorry. But this much is just right between friends, is it not?”

“She’s right, Rae. You’re worrying too much,” Claire chimed in.

“Being too clingy is no good, you know?” Frieda said.

You’re the last person I want to hear that from, Yandere Stalkersdottir!

“Oh, Philine! Salut!”

“G-good morning…”

Philine arrived later than us, a rare occurrence. She seemed a bit down. If memory served me right, she wasn’t much of a morning person and was
often easily overwhelmed by Frieda.

“You look oh-so-lovely today. Like apples to my eyes,” Frieda said.

I guess she was using that line with every girl she met today.

“Th-thank you…” Philine cowered.

My condolences. I finally had a moment of respite now that Frieda found a new target.

“Whether it be Dorothea or Frieda, all the individuals in your Revo-Lily prophecy seem a bit…odd,” Claire commented.

“Yeah. I suppose the devs tried to make them memorable characters.”

That said, I did think the game designers had gone a bit too far. In fact, so did the fanbase. A lot of people had complained they could have toned it down a bit, or that there should have been at least one morally righteous character. The fact that Revo-Lily was still widely regarded as a masterpiece
was thanks to its brilliant writing and perfectly executed revolution route.

“Just making sure—we’re aiming for the revolution route, correct?” Claire asked.

“Definitely.”

Several conditions had to be met to trigger the revolution route, the most basic of which was to not be romancing any of the love interests.

It was currently the fifth month, so we were some ways from the point where the routes diverged. Even so, I wanted to verify the state of Philine’s affection for the romanceable characters.

“How can we check what route we’re in?” Claire asked.

“We can ask her. Hey, Anna? Can we talk to you for a moment?” I called out to a red-haired girl sitting behind Philine.

“Morning, Rae.”

“Morning. I was wondering if we could ask you some questions about Philine.”