⤫𝓢𝓶𝓸𝓴𝓮𝓻⤬

The security is on alert. And everything seems even, when my car stops at the very odd looking place. The building looks really old from the outside, mosses grown everywhere. Its located in a secluded part of the city that remains untouched due to the forests there.

I get out of the car and do my undone buttons of the suit. Alex gets out of the car with me flexing his muscles after the long journey. Damn, it really took us around two hours of it huh. Well, it's a human auction we're talking about. It can't be held in the middle of the city. Even if the police system knows about all of this illegal trafficking, they can't do anything once the media barges in between. The hosts are smarter than that to provoke anything to ruin their lives. Because it's not just their livelihood at stake but all of their family and all their loved ones.

Those who are interested control of all this, are more powerful than one can imagine. The world looks so sunshine and rainbows when looked from above, but when you undo the layers beneath, you find things that you want to forget. Things that can haunt one's nightmare. Things that exist out of nightmare. All of your darkest fear may seem small to what you find out after entering this world.
The world as you know is changed forever and you become the part of this sick game.

Its time to enter this nightmare in real, for others obviously. For me, its totally another thing. As I entered the gate, the security scanned my iris to look for authorization, then i was walking into a totally different place, than how it looked from the inside. Finely, furnished Wooden floors created the tap sound as i walked on them with Alex by my side. the interiors looked like as if it were a royal movie set plotted in Italy. From the grand chandelier to the black marble stair case, everything was magnificent, until i saw her. Something happened.

The girl with the lifeless doe eyes, sprawled short hair, tear-streaked face that suddenly made my heart burn from looking her, thinking that she has been in pain before i saw her. Everything looked magnificent until i saw her. Those dead opened lips gave me the sudden urge to kiss her back to life even if it meant giving my own.

That burn in my heart made me want to stride right across the ball room to the her, walking slowly in a row of around fifty girls in the same condition as her. That sent me another jolt of pain in my gut. But i know this is the harsh reality of this dark world. Girls barely in their teenage getting kidnapped, and dragged into this hell where they are going to beg for their death every day. Just so they don't feel the pain or anything at all, all of them are drugged to get ready for the auction.

But that girl, that girl is mine. And I, for sure, will do anything to make her mine. I don't know what kinds of ugly stuff she's been through, but I want that face to look alive, happy and content in my arms. Even if it meant to shatter my own self into fragments to join her broken pieces, giving my own ones, I'd do it. I'd rearrange our bits together to become a piece of art.

I didn't realize I was standing in the middle of the ballroom, my fists balled up by my sides and my jaw clenched staring right across the ballroom, looking like I'm staring into the abyss until I am tapped on the shoulder by Alex. I didn't know it was him, so when i gave my eyebrows raised, terrifying look to him, he was shook a bit.

"Is everything okay Zack?", he removed his hand from my shoulder. I didn't just expect him, that's it.

"Yeah everything is fine, Why?", I lied because clearly my earlier thoughts, and the still blazing burn in my heart for that girl doesn't at all show that anything is alright.

"Uhhh, nothing. Its just that the prestigious families are here and they are willing to talk to the owner of the biggest empire here. And that's what we are here for.", he stumbled through his answer of my Why, clearly not trying to pry on whatever i was thinking for his own good. He has learnt this over our childhood together. And yes, I have to talk to these families and proclaim that who's the one, who's gonna hold this empire now. And politely warn them to stay out of my business and be in their boundaries. But the one wrong thing Alex said that this is it what we're here for.

I am here for her as well. Not so Alas! but plans changed.

Continued..

Hi everyone! This is your Author, Snowball 🐇. Sorry for the late and irregular updates. Certain circumstances made me helpless. But I'm trying my best to give you more frequent updates from now on..
Please vote and comment and share if you liked the chapter ❤️✨

Yours,
Snowball🐇