three

three || protecting my ḭ̶̦͔́n̸̻̾͝sanity

୨♡୧

Taehyun's eyes fluttered open as he slowly sat up, looking over at his clock to see the time was 4:44 am, he had woken up six hours earlier than he needed to again.

Falling back into his bed, the male closed his eyes and tried relaxing his body so he could fall back asleep, but after nearly half an hour of useless attempts, the male sat up and got out of his bed, heading over to the bathroom instead.

His eyes squinted in pain when the bright white lights went on, causing him to rub them to ease the pain down as he approached the mirror, grabbing his toothbrush so he could get ready for the day.

It wasn't until he had looked up and finally faced himself in the mirror, his eyes widening at the sight.

Shakily bringing his hands up to his cheek, he placed one finger down as a damp wet tear made contact with it, causing him to stare at himself with shock.

There were thick tears running down his face, his eyes bloodshot red as if he had been crying the entire night. He didn't even feel himself crying until he had looked in the mirror, seeing how disfigured he looked.

Usually when he cried, it was because he was anxious and terrified of what had happened the night before. However, this time it was different, way different. Instead of him feeling anxious or stressed, he only felt a wave of immense sadness and grief, as if he had lost something.

Another sleepless night. Taehyun glanced down at the sink and squeezed some toothpaste onto his toothbrush. Should I invest in melatonin gummies? Would that stop the nightmares?

It was like his heart was heavy with guilt, throbbing in an unforgivable pain that he couldn't wash away no matter how hard he had tried.

He was resisting the urge to think about the nightmare he had recently woken up from, trying to blank out his thoughts as much as he can, only for his attempts to end up in failure when he thought about what he had saw.

Instead of feeling like he was the one fighting against deaths harsh hands, this time he was the one to witness someone else give into the hopeless fight against life or death.

He doesn't know who it was, but there were two people: the murderer and the victim.

But he didn't know what either of the two looked like, so why did he care so much?

Maybe this was it, he was finally driving himself towards insanity! After years of unexplainable dreams and issues, it finally caught up to him, he was insane.

If I had known I'd become insane, Taehyun spat out the toothpaste foam and turned the sink on, washing his face. I wouldn't have gotten a job as a designer, just how will I live like this?

Maybe he should seek help, medical help.

But he was afraid, who would believe him if he had suddenly announced that he has been having consistent nightmares of things that seemed impossible? Just a figment of his mind to throw him off course, not allowing him to achieve his dream goal.

The only ever people that knows about his unfortunate situation are Sunoo, his mother, and his father... which was basically his entire family, so he doesn't really have much options for people if he wanted to talk to someone.