Chapter 22- Mixed DNA

WARNINGS: Self Mutilation

Klaus looked up at Dean running towards him. He knelt down to greet his son with a smile.

"Mr. Mikaelson, I'm ready for you and the boys in the lab," Hank reported.

"Where's Henrik and Logan," Klaus asked.

"Over here."

Klaus saw him carrying Henrik on his shoulder. More than likely, it was Henrik's idea.

"Ready?"

"Follow me and we'll get started," Hank said.

Inside the lab, Henrik and Dean had to get some tests run. Hank tried his best to refrain from using needles. Still, some of the tests required blood samples.

"Wow."

"What is it," Logan asked.

"Well, they definitely have your genes in there but it's mixed with something else. I've never seen this kind before," Hank said, examining the DNA samples.

"It could be Klaus's," Logan said.

"What is Mr. Mikaelson's mutation," Hank asked, assuming he was a mutant.

"I'm not a mutant. I'm the original hybrid. A mix between a werewolf and vampire," Klaus corrected.

"May I take a sample from you then? It'll help me pick out what part of them is hybrid and which is mutant," Hank explained, turning to grab a butterfly needle.

Klaus rolled up his sleeve and pulled out a pocket knife. Hank stared at the knife with a needle already in hand.

"Uh, sir..."

"Do you want a blood sample or not," Klaus asked.

Hank glanced at Logan, who shrugged. He put the needle back and pulled out a small container to hold the blood. Klaus cut his wrist and bled into the container before he healed.

Hank placed Klaus's blood sample under a microscope. Then he compared the samples to his sons. He began to frown as he noticed something odd.

"You said you're a vampire and werewolf, correct," Hank asked.

"Yes."

"There's another strand," Hank said, shaking his head, "Were you always a hybrid, Mr. Mikaelson?"

"I was born a werewolf to a witch mother," Klaus said, crossing his arms, "Why?"

"So witch is also in your blood. That could be what I am seeing here. You are something special, aren't you," Hank complimented.

"So I've been told," Klaus smirked.

"What I don't understand is how the different strands of DNA are coexisting," Hank said.

"English, McCoy," Logan said.

Hank removed his glasses before scratching his head. He suddenly looked a bit stressed out.

"Logan, your kids aren't supposed to be alive. Their blood should've killed them at birth," Hank explained.

He grabbed a vial to test the blood again later on.

"Most mutants have a weakness. But these kids... It seems their only weakness would be each other," Hank explained.

"So you're saying they're invincible," Klaus asked.

"I'm saying without guidance, they could destroy everything in their path," Hank explained.

Hank cursed under his breath while rubbing his temple. This was giving him a headache already.

"Logan, you and Mr. Mikaelson have birthed children that could bring this world to its ruin."

Logan and Klaus watched their kids play with a few at the school while talking.

"I've never seen Hank so spooked before," Logan said, shaking his head.

"We have powerful kids. I'm a little proud of myself," Klaus teased.

"Klaus, our sons are still young. In the wrong hands, they could cause some serious damage," Logan reasoned, "We need a way to mask their power. At least for now."

"I can go back to Mystic Falls and make some calls. See if it's possible to create something to hide their power," Klaus suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea."

"You should stay here. Monitor the kids until I return," Klaus said.

"Get back safe," Logan said, pressing a kiss to his lips.

Logan watched him leave before returning his eyes to the boys. A smile crossed his lips as they drew on the ground with shared chalk.