19. The reunion of loved ones

Lana didn't know what was happening to her. Her eyes saw, but her brain didn't register. Though a euphoric daze was slowly making her dizzy with happiness. Could he really be here? After all the dreams of him, after all the desires, after all the emotional letters, she had reluctantly accepted that Seithre was the priority and a reunion with him would have to wait. Lana hesitantly reached out a trembling hand, afraid that the slightest movement would disturb the beautiful figure standing before her and make her realise that it was all just an illusion, a result of the unknown yet powerful elven magic. However strange it all was. The elven queen knew how to greet her guests, indeed!

His fingers also reached out to her, and the moment their fingertips touched, Lana felt the spark jump and realised: this was real! These feelings that she had pushed to the back row in his absence resurfaced and were so intense that she knew she could never dream or imagine them. She felt the butterflies racing through her abdomen as he looked at her from head to toe with a mischievous grin and his warm brown eyes. He was really here. Emerging from the light, he stepped forward, her knight on his white horse... well, on his pink dragon.

"Kennon," Lana murmured, her voice sounding otherworldly: emotionally mixed with hoarseness of longing. Here he suddenly stood: the man of her dreams, whom she had unexpectedly met on their previous quest and for whom she had slowly but surely fallen during an uncertain time, when she thought love didn't belong. Yet he had conquered her heart and never let go, no matter how great the physical distance between them had become.

And he looked exactly the same as their first meeting. His warm and gentle demeanour was like a balm for the stress she had experienced in the past few days. His jawline was strong and well-defined, giving him an aura of strength and determination. His eyes, framed by long lashes, had a mesmerising intensity that effortlessly drew her towards him. With a confident smile on his lips, he exuded charisma and charm, melting Lana's heart.

Yet there were some subtle changes about him now, as Lana looked closer. Where Kennon had little facial hair before, now a subtle layer of stubble had formed around his jawline and full lips, giving him a more rugged and masculine look. His normally semi-long hair was slightly trimmed, but still had its tousled character, making Lana feel the urge to run her fingers through his soft, fluffy hair again.

Moreover, Lana noticed a new scar on his muscular forearms, which he had rolled up his sleeves to reveal, as a result of hard work in the forge. She hated that he had hurt himself, but the fact that he had obtained a scar as a result of his work meant that Porta was so far along in its rebuilding that the forge was standing and active again. Additionally, the scar told Lana a story of hard work and perseverance. Kennon through and through.

Queen Wyrda laughed at the speechlessness of the three sisters and silent wonder that still persisted and said jovially: "That wasn't really the welcome I expected. I really thought you would be hugging your friends. Have I perhaps made a mistake? Aren't these them?" She winked and continued, "Come on, ladies. What are you waiting for? If you don't hug them, I'll do it myself."

"So they're really them?" Lana asked, still not convinced. In response, Kennon stepped forward with a laugh and lovingly embraced Lana. Her heart beat faster with excitement, and tears of joy filled her eyes. It was as if a burden had been lifted from her shoulders and all the worries and loneliness of the past time had suddenly disappeared. In his arms, she felt safe, loved, and complete. The warmth of his embrace enveloped her like a reassuring blanket, and she couldn't imagine a better place than here, close to him. He then gave her a passionate kiss, and Lana woke up forever from her feeling of unreality.

A deep warmth spread through her body as Kennon's soft and warm lips met hers. Lana's skin tingled with pleasure, and her toes curled up in her boots. She felt a mixture of excitement, happiness, and a hint of fear - fear that this moment was just a dream and that she could wake up at any moment. But at the same time, it felt so real, so magical, as if time stood still to give them the space to enjoy this enchanting moment. Now she was truly alive again. It was as if Kennon had breathed life into her. They were reunited, and Lana wanted to discover life again with him by her side. He was her dream and no one else.