Chapter 1 - The only thing I remember...

– Fucking dumbasses! We'll be late because of you! – Jean shouted angrily. – You felt like running after some boars!

Stop making a fuss, Jean. There's plenty of time until dawn, we'll be on time if we gallop. – Connie, who was irritated with Jean's screaming, replied.

– How can I not make a fuss when... – He hadn't finished his sentence when Sasha spoke up.

– Guys take a look there!

A man was laying on the ground in the middle of nowhere. Despite the fact that this terrain was no longer besieged by the titans, regular citizens still didn't venture far into the island. If anyone were to travel south they would certainly set a camp.

This time was different. When three soldiers rode up to take a better look at the deceased they noticed that the stranger had no luggage and he had no traces of struggle or any other injuries. The only thing he had were torn clothes. Sasha and Connie got down from their horses to check if the stranger was still alive.

Even while lying on the ground the stranger seemed tall, his blond hair was covering his eyes. His rags didn't resemble Eldian clothes. The unknown man had nothing that would help to identify him.

– Hurry up, get on your horses, cause we're gonna be late for sure. A corpse is a corpse, there's nothing we can do. – Jean said.

– If he was dead his eyelid wouldn't twitch. – Sasha stated.

– What do you mean by „his eyelid wouldn't twitch„?! – Jean and Connie yelled.

That question was so loud that the supposed corpse opened its eyes. The stranger sat up and after he had looked at two dumbfounded guys he finally clapped his eyes on smiling Sasha. He scratched his head and asked:

– Where am I?

– In the middle of nowhere, outside the walls. – Sasha replied.

– Outside the walls... – the stranger repeated her words quietly. – It means I'm on the island! – He yelled in shock.

Where the hell would you be if not on the island? – Jean asked with irritation.

Yeah, yeah. My objective. What it was? Yes, I know. – The stranger babbled.

You hurt your head or something? – Connie asked him a question.

But the stranger was trying to gather his thoughts and completely ignored him. Suddenly he started speaking with some sense.

– My name is Konrad Donner. I've inherited a certain thing, which will help me with helping you, poor residents of the island. I remember almost nothing from my previous life, even how I got here. The only thing I remember is that I have to meet with your military and the one whom they call Humanity's Hope.

– Woah, woah, hold your horses. You mean to tell us you're not from the island?! From somewhere across the ocean?! If you have no idea how you got here, then what are you doing in the middle of the island?! – Jean screamed.

– It's complicated, I'm aware of that, but you have to bring me to him. To Humanity's Last Hope.

– About what „Humanity's Hope" are you talking about? – Connie asked with suspicion.

– I'm talking about the man, who's anger is entwined by the golden thunder that gives him the strength of a thousand men. When he howls he's heard even by the enemies hidden in the deepest places. And his eyes shine with hope for the ones he's protecting and with fear for the ones he fights against. – Konrad described.

– It sounds like E- – Jean stopped Sasha from finishing her sentence.

– Something about it doesn't hold up! – Jean said loudly. – If you don't remember a thing, how do you know all that?