Tony McCoy

!!TRIGGER WARNING!! :
SELF-H*RM
ABU$E
V()MITING

(This chapter might be a bit disturbing or uncomfortable for some so please feel free to skip to the end of this chapter.)

RECAP:
"Do you mind if I ask about you and Tony..?" he asks, his concern echoing in his soft-spoken words.

"If you wanna know so bad then alright." I say in a low voice, memories flooding back as I recount the story.

FLASHBACK

Margret and I met during 4th grade, a time when I felt isolated and bullied. I was always bullied for being different. I vividly remember those moments of torment, but Margret changed everything.

Margret was also bullied for being different but she never really cared, she was brave and never let anyone get to her head.

She saw me getting picked on and decided to step in, fearless, defending me against those who hurt me. From that moment on, our bond grew rapidly.

I would go over to her house very often because I was an only child and I had no one to play with at home.

My parents were always so busy with work they never had time for me. However, Tony, Margret's twin brother, loomed in the background.

I would always catch Tony looking at me, peeking through the crack of Margaret's door while I was over playing with her, "coincidentally" bumping into him in the hallways.

Margret often teased that Tony had feelings for me, but I dismissed it, viewing him merely as, "Margret's twin brother".

Yet, as we grew older, Tony's behavior took a troubling turn. His lingering glances turned into a suffocating presence, his actions unsettling me to the core.

Eventually, I distanced myself from Margret's house. Despite the discomfort Tony's presence brought, Margret and I remained best friends.

I always invited her to my house more often. The discomfort around Tony was intense, his presence a constant reminder of unease. Yet, he will never be satisfied.

It wasn't just his lingering glances or subtle gestures. Every year on Valentine's Day was what truly unnerved me.

Tony would declare his love with the trappings of romance like a box of chocolates, a bouquet of roses, and an oversized teddy bear.

The first time he confessed, I brushed it off, attributing it to teenage infatuation. However, by 7th grade, his advances became harder to dismiss.

Feeling worn down by his persistent declarations, I relented, agreeing to give our relationship a chance. After all, he was my best friend's twin brother. How bad could it be? But my optimism quickly faded.

Our brief relationship, that lasted half a year, revealed a side of Tony I had never seen before. He was toxic, his personality veering sharply into darkness.

Initially, he was charming, a facade that soon crumbled to reveal his true nature. Our first dates were like everything I've ever dreamed of in a relationship.

I started to really fall for him. But as time passed, his true colors began to show, painting a portrait of manipulation and deceit.

By the end of 8th grade, I had seen enough to understand the depths of his toxicity. Tony was no knight in shining armor. He was the devil in disguise. To go into detail.

I was so head over heels for him, I couldn't even notice the red flags that started to pop up. Tony began to act all rudely towards me, he would treat me like a toy, he always played around with me and my feelings.