9. Play With Hate

Maisie consumed teds mind as he got to the west ham stadium. Nothing could bring him down. He woke to a text from maisie saying  knock em dead Lasso. Ted Lasso. It made him smile instantly.

" Boy, you're tall." Ted remarked when he got into the elevator. "Is your dad a tree or something?" He chuckled but the rest of the elevator was not amused. "No, I'm screwing around. " Ted added. "Hey, speaking of trees, who are y'all rooting for today?"

"West Ham." They all answered and then he saw their west ham jackets.

" Yeah, no, that makes sense. Yeah." Ted agreed clearing his throat. He knew maisie was likely to be here. He wanted her here. He should have made sure she was coming. Knew that she was invited. That he always wanted her here cheering him on. The elevator dinged and he moved aside. "Go ahead. Yeah. Going down one more floor."

Ted thought on that as the elevator cleared. Maisie knew he wanted her here but he didnt want her to think he only wanted her cheering him on. She was more than a cheer leader. He pulled his phone out to text her but a new message popped up

Trying to sneak into the locker room to see you found west hams instead. Help!

Ted smiled typing back she saw the little dots appear and disappear.

"Ms Crimm was it?"

"Mr Mannion," she answered.

"I recognize you. My wife reads your books. Saw your interview was watching the clips..."

"Oh thats sweet." Maisie answered "hope shes liking the books."

"Yes... the camera doesnt do you justice ms Crimm. You are stunning," rupert remarked looking her over.

"A win against you will look even more stunning." Maisie countered as the elevator met their floor

"Listen, Ted.  I... I just wanna say that..." Nate let out a deep sigh as the elevator opened again. ".. the way I left..."

"Nathan. There you are." Rupert declared. Nate ran past ted.

"Hey, Rupert. Maisie there you are. I was just about to text you."

" Ted." Rupert answered as maisie got on.

" Nice to see you again." Ted offered.

"Good luck." Rupert chuckled out.

"Hes an ass." Maisie said as the doors closed. "Im glad i got to see you, even for just a floor," ted kissed her quickly.

"Good luck Lasso. Im rooting for you."

"It's a full house for today's battle between West Ham United and Zava's AFC Richmond. A win would take either team to the top spot in the table, knocking mighty Manchester City off number one. Should be a tight match, Chris. Any predictions?"

"I stopped making predictions, Arlo. Because I was never wrong. Got to the point I was worried I was the one making things happen."

"Well, that's interesting."

"I knew you'd say that."

"I was thinking-"

"That this is awkward and we need to clear the air?" Maisie suggested. Trent chuckled.

"I will survive darling. You have had boyfriends in the past."

"I should have told you."

"We made it our rule. We dont have to tell the other about anyone significant until they affect Cassie." Trent countered.

"I mean he does affect cassie a bit. She likes him. Hes... a friend and i dont know you two work together. Its weird." Maisie realized

"West Ham are quite happy to just soak up the pressure. Not taking any risks at all against Richmond, of all teams, at home.  A sign of how far Richmond have come."