Chapter 7

It had been a few days since we were in the catacombs, and I was starting to get restless. Although Chat Noir and I had made a little life for ourselves, building makeshift meals, training, sleeping, I was getting tired. I could feel the layer of grime on my body, and I couldn't imagine Chat was much more comfortable.

I paused in between bites of my sandwich, which was starting to taste like paste. "I think we need to get out of here, Chat," I said, looking up at him. He continued to chew, a nervous look in his eye. He swallowed, and took a breath.

"I'm worried about you, bugaboo. I don't want you to get hurt again."

I frowned. "I'm not fragile, Chat Noir. Paris needs Ladybug, I can't just sit here and do nothing. Plus, I feel disgusting," I said, looking at my dirty pants. "I need to shower and get a fresh pair of clothes." I looked up at Chat, and he gave a defeated nod.

We packed up our camp in silence.

"Spots on," I said, and Tikki flew into my earrings. I was engulfed with red light, and I felt more strong and confident than I had since my injury. Breathing in deeply, I looked at Chat Noir and saw the mischievous glimmer in his eyes that he had been missing since our exile in the catacombs.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Nothing."

"So, here's the plan," I began, doing a final sweep of the catacombs to make sure we hadn't left anything behind. Seeing nothing, I started to walk towards the entrance to the catacombs. "We can regroup at my apartment, my parents won't be there to question all of this stuff anyway," I said with a light smile, trying to hide my anxiety. Chat Noir nodded.

"Right behind you, m'lady."

We left the catacombs without looking back. I would continue to look back on our time in those dark caves, though. The strange safety, the secrecy... things no one would never know. It made me smile as we discreetly flew across Paris.

-

Chat Noir and I stood in my room, and I was painfully reminded of Adrien when his pictures were staring back at me. I blushed as Chat Noir set our bags down, trying to avert his gaze.

"You like this kid, huh?" he asked. I was horrified, especially after the last few days.

"I... well... I don't know what to say," I said, looking at my wall. It was true, I didn't know what to say.  My feelings for Chat Noir and Adrien had been blurred lately, and I wasn't up for figuring anything out. Chat tilted his head and smiled at me, like he knew something I didn't.

"You're doing it again," I muttered. He chuckled and shook his head, still saying nothing.

The one time I wish he'd open his mouth.

I broke the tension by detransforming, a voice in the back of my head telling me that Tikki needed fuel. She flew out of my earrings, and immediately zoomed into the little macaron stash in my desk just for her. I could feel the dirt on my arms again, and I looked at Chat Noir.

"I think I might have to kick you out, kitty. I have to clean up," I said, walking to look at my dirty clothes in the mirror, and Chat Noir walked over to me. Still standing behind me, he looped his arms around my abdomen and pulled me closer to him. He rested his chin gently on my shoulder. "I don't want to leave you," he whispered into my ear. Without missing a beat, he gently kissed the side of my neck. Involuntarily, I shuddered and sucked in a breath.

"I'll be okay, kitty," I whispered, staring at us in the mirror. My heart was beating out of my chest, the feeling of his arms around me once again sending electricity through every nerve. Before I realized it, we were facing each other and my hands were in his hair, my mouth on his.