𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋

4 YEARS, 1 MONTH AND 7 DAYS EARLIER:

"You will never survive out there! Pathetic!" words were spat at me as I continued heaving for breath. My chest rose and fell rapidly, I practically slammed myself against the wall and inhaled frantically.

I glared at the man to my right. "I doubt I would be being screamed at out in the flare. If you would tone down the pressure, and the spit, I might just improve." I tried my best to be intimidating, shooting daggers at him with my eyes. But he always won that game. He took step closer, kneed my ribs, as I was stupid enough to be slouched in such a vulnerable position. I groaned in pain.

"Dont use that 'poisonous' tone, you little shit. Its what'll get you killed." and with those words, he left the training room.

When the door clicked shut, I allowed my body to fall to the ground in pure agony. I layed like that for a bit, catching my breath.

--

The vents in my bedroom weren't doing me any good. They had always been to tiny to crawl through, and I always heard the doctors nagging. The only good thing about it was rarely I'd hear something entertaining. I'm not sure if today was one of those days.

"She's 13! You can't put all this weight on her!" that voice belonged to Bella, my favourite nurse. She was the only decent person in that lab, I listened carefully to her words.

A yell sounded straight back, "She is the next big thing! She is immune, and young! She has time, she can change everything! And plus, she's already managing to take down guards twice her size!"

I didn't feel like I wanted to listen anymore, so I hid my head beneath my pillow and sunk into my thoughts. Yesterdays memories came flooding back.

--

"Dont take him! Please!" I wailed, kicking aimlessly at the men restraining me. They took him, they did something to him, they're going to get him killed. "Please! Dont go with them!" I repeated my cries.

I felt as if I could crumble when the boy looked back at me, the boy they changed. He looked at me in confusion, being pulled by the guards to a large metal box. Confusion took its turn in me next, why was he going with them? Why is he looking at me like that? And then it hit me. He was one of the experiments. They erased his memory. He didn't remember me anymore.

Newt didn't remember me anymore.

--

I hate yesterday.