Vero 🌹

It was close to 4:30 pm Saturday afternoon when Jackson showed up. When i met him in the driveway, he was sitting in his new Mercedes GLB-class. He had boughten it a week after i got home from the hospital. Said we needed the room. His head resting on the steering wheel, his knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel so tight, it looked like he was strangling it.

I cautiously strode over to the car, I gently knocked on the window startling him. He jumped back into his seat before slowly opening the door. His tired eyes met mine as i closed the distance between us. "You look like you havent slept..are you okay?"

His arm snaked around my waist pulling me into him as he crashed his lips on mine for a slow and loving kiss. He cupped my jaw, not wanting to let go or if i would disappear. I wrapped my around his neck, pulling him as close as humanly possible, until his chest and mine were molded into one. My fingers tangled into his short hair on the back of his head, as our tongues danced together. Our kiss didnt grow feral, but stayed sensual. I knew something was wrong, he usually kisses me like he wants to devour me, but now it felt like something was bothering him.

I pulled away from our kiss, no matter how much i wanted to continue. I hovered my lips over his before i spoke up, "Tell me what's wrong Jackson. I know something is wrong."

His hands tense around my waist before Jackson softened his touch. "Not here," his voice strained with exhaustion. I leaned back a bit to look into his eyes. Dark circles and a strangled emotion filled his eyes. I felt so helpless, "Please talk to me.." I said desperately. Jackson let out a heavy sigh before responding, "Michelle is suing me for custody of the girls."

My heart shattered. "That bitch."  I whispered. It has slipped out before i could stop it. She knew Jackson was a good dad. She also knew that we were together and she didnt like me very much because of the fact that Jackson no longer wanted her.

Jackson let out a weak chuckle, "Yeah, she is a bitch."

My eyes widened at Jacksons admittance. He's never called any woman outside her name before, not even when hes on the edge or that maybe she might deserve it. The perfect gentlemen this man was, and i loved it. But to hear the word leave his mouth at her expense, means there's more to this story then hes letting on.

"Of all times, why now? Did she somehow find out about our engagement? Or maybe the baby? And is trying to get back at you to get what she wants?" I was spitting out questions that I wasnt sure Jackson would or could answer. When he shook his head, i assumed it was no to all of the above.

"Let's go inside, we need to talk. This includes your brothers too."

I tried to step back from him at his last statement left his lips, but his grip on me was too strong. "Why is this involving my brothers? They dont even know Michelle, nor should they even be being brought up." My heart is racing. What the fuck is this woman trying to do to my family.

Jackson and I walked into the mansion, everyone in the den watching a the little mermaid, at Katies request. Ricky had put it on for her without protest. Surprisingly they have been getting along a lot since yesterday, and it's cute to see him so vulnerable about the girls.

Luca and Ricky turned their heads toward us and their expressions turned dark. I assume they saw the stressful look on Jackson's face and the anger rising in mine because they immediately kissed their wives and stalked toward us.

"What happened." Luca said in a low but demanding tone. Jackson couldnt look at him, shame filling his eyes. "We need to talk, privately." Jackson strode toward the kitchen, Luca following close on his heels. Ricky turned to me, one brow cocked up in confusion. I only shook my head with a sigh and lead him to follow me to the kitchen.