Prologue

🎸⋆⭒˚。⋆

Natalia Kennedy was seven years old when she first met Rafe Cameron.

Her mother and father, Derek and Meredith Kennedy thought moving to the Outer Banks would be a good idea. So they packed up their bags and the three of them moved from New York to North Carolina.

Her father was from the outer banks. And his one of his closest friends being Ward Cameron.

Naturally, both men were excited to see each other again and for their families to meet.
Especially because they both had children the same age.

Natalia and Rafe.

There first exchange was weird for both parties. It was filled with pleasantries being exchanged and the usual 'oh you've grown so much' and 'I haven't seen you since you were a baby' coming from the parents. All the while Rafe and Natalia sat there in an awkward silence, both had no idea who the other was and unsure of what to say to one another.

But over time that changed....

(Age 13)

Six years had passed since Natalia and her family moved to the Outer Banks.
By now she has become comfortable to her life in OBX. She became very close friends with Rafes younger sister, Sarah. She joined Choir at school, she was taking piano lessons, and she was enjoying her life.

But there was always a thorn in her side.

And that thorn's name was Rafe Cameron.

The preteens both attended the same school, in the same grade, and had most of the same classes.

Yet they couldn't be more far apart.

If you asked Natalia about Rafe, she would tell you that he was the most stuck up, snobby, 'bitch' she ever met. Who always made fun of her for being in choir and would steal her notebooks out of her backpack.

If you asked Rafe about what he thought of Natalia, he would say she's weird, annoying, and someone he doesn't really think about.

But that would be a lie.

Because if he was honest, he thought she was the prettiest girl he ever met.

Of course though, he wouldn't be caught dead saying that.

At least not yet.

(Age 15)

At fifteen it was the time for entering high school, growth spurts and dating.

At the age of fifteen was when Natalia noticed how boys would look at her friends. She became hyper aware of how she looked and how she was perceived. Going above and beyond to be deemed as perfect.

And as Homecoming of Natalia and Rafes freshman year rolled around, Natalia watched as all of her friends were asked out. Yet she was always the odd one out.

She had big plans the night for homecoming as she knew no one would ask her out, and she knew going with her friends would just be her third wheeling the whole time. So she planned on staying home and watching movies with her mom.