first day

"I just want everyone to know you're mine."

----------------------------------------------------------
Ren sat in homeroom, listening to the chatter of his fellow classmates, slouching over his desk so Morgana had room to swish his tail.

"Amamiya, could I talk to you outside, please?"

Ren ignores the gossip of his classmates as he walks outside of the classroom, excitement brimming in his chest, because he knew what this was about.

It was about Goro's transfer.

Sliding the door shut behind them, Kawakami shuffled through her denim pockets until she brought out a small wallet.

"Give this to your 'friend'." Kawakami grinned. "He starts tomorrow, right? I'll put him in your care."

"Okay."

His smile grew out of his usual composure as he looked at the ID photo in the small brown wallet.

Goro Akechi, in a Shujin uniform, looking rather unamused.

He wore the uniform identical to Ren, except swapping his shirt for a black turtleneck and the addition of his gloves.

He's beautiful.

He tucked the ID in his blazer, resting it jsut above his heart, and re-entered homeroom.

He eyed the spot behind his, currently empty and reserved for Goro.

His boyfriend.

That title made his heart feel warm and whole.

Opening the door to their shared apartment, Ren was greeted with the refreshing sight of the apartment fully clean--

"YOU PIECE OF SHIT."

--and the distant shouting of one frustrated Goro.

Discarding his schoolbag, Ren walked upstairs to see Goro fighting with his Shujin blazer buttons, which had unfortunately snagged on the hem of his gloves.

"Honey, I'm home."

Realisation shot onto his face as he turned to face Ren.

"You're back awfully late." He said quickly. He went back to freeing himself from the grasp of his button, trying to hide his struggle.

What a dork.

"Here, let me get that for you."

Ren walked over to him, and began to untangle him from his predicament. The close proximity painted Goro's face in a light tint of pink.

"There," Ren said as Goro's hand sprung free from the button. "Why are you wearing your Shujin uniform, anyway? You don't start until tomorrow." Ren hummed and pulled Goro's student ID out of his pocket. "Speaking of which, Kawakami has entrusted me with you."

"As if i need to be babysat," Goro spat. "And if you must know, I wanted to make sure it all still fit right. I'm not going to make a fool of myself on my first day."

"You're meant to do that with wedding dresses, not uniforms."

Weddings. Ren liked that thought.

"Not like it matters," Goro began to undo the buttons, careful to not make the same mistake. "It looks stupid on me anyway."

Ren pouted.