1 - Kunikizai Confession Oneshot

Dazai walked into the office. He had been preparing to ask Kunikida out for about a month now... Everything from his blond hair to his glasses and shoes Dazai liked. He was completely enchanted by Kunikida and now was finally the time to reveal it.

His eyes were immediately dragged onto Kunikida's face the moment he walked in. He was going through files, his legs crossed.

"Kunikida! What a pleasure it is to see you today!"

"Hm?" Kunikida glanced up. "Do you need something, Dazai?"

"Well, I did have something in mind~!" Dazai said, trying to not get nervous.

"What might that be?"

"I-I guess I would like to invite you out, possibly?" Dazai caught himself stuttering, but he hoped Kunikida wouldn't think anything of it.

"Like... hang out?"

"Yeah, basically!" Dazai was thinking of a date, but it was close enough.

"I don't believe I have time to do that at the moment."

"Uh, well, it doesn't have to be today!"

"I'm quite busy this week, Dazai. What did you have in mind, anyway?"

"I, uh..." The thing was, Dazai didn't actually have it all planned out. He wasn't exactly as organized as Kunikida. So, instead, he just said the first thing that came to mind. "We could get some coffee, maybe?"

"That's rather simple... I suppose I like it that way, though. Is there a reason for why you want to hang out with me?"

Dazai's heart was beating fast. He was really nervous. "The thing is...I-I wasn't thinking of it as a hangout."

Kunikida gave him a confused glare. "And what is that supposed to mean?"

"Uhm...I was actually thinking of it more as a...date???"

Kunikida sighed. He assumed Dazai was just trying to mess with him. "No, thank you."

His heart sank. "Wha-? W-Why not?" His smile faded as he spoke. Kunikida didn't seem to notice it.

"Dazai...why in the world would I go on a date with you?"

Dazai felt his insides collapse. He was silent, trying to keep his composure.

"Dazai? Answer me."

"Actually...it's fine. I'll leave you alone now."

Kunikida sighed and went back to work. Dazai left the room. This was way far off from how the movies and books represented it. He had a feeling Kunikida wouldn't feel the same way but why did...did he have to say it like that?

Dazai slid onto the floor, leaning on the wall. He felt his eyes getting warm. No, he shouldn't cry... Even if they did get together, it wouldn't last at all. That's what Dazai thought at the moment at least.

Dazai stayed silent as a few tears slid down his face. He had been working up the courage to ask Kunikida out for nothing. He really liked Kunikida even though he never showed it. I mean, he did tend to flirt with him quite a bit, but Kunikida had probably just shrugged it off as Dazai being annoying.

He sniffled, staring at the wall on the opposite side. Kunikida was in the room just behind him. Maybe he could try to explain his feelings further? Well, Dazai didn't even tell Kunikida he liked him, he only asked to go out with him. But maybe Kunikida would at least give him a proper rejection if he just said it outright...

Dazai walked back into the office.

What does he want now? Kunikida thought.

"Kunikida! I...I wasn't finished."

"What now, Dazai?"

"Kunikida...the reason I--" Dazai couldn't get himself to say it.

"What?"

"I..." Dazai looked at the ground. "Kunikida, I...I really, really like you!"

"Hm?" Kunikida looked up, confused. "What's this?"

"I like you, Kunikida!!! Are you that oblivious? I've been trying to make it obvious for over the past 3 months!"

"You have?!" Kunikida's eyes widened. "Well...in that case..."

Dazai felt nervous as to what Kunikida was going to say next.

"I suppose I like you too." Kunikida smiled.

Dazai's whole world lit up at that moment. "Really?! You mean it?!"

"Dazai, you know me. I'm not one to joke around."

Dazai gave him a wide smile. He walked closer to Kunikida's desk. "Then does that mean we can..?"

He smiled awkwardly. "If you're asking me to kiss you, I-I don't think I'm ready for that just yet..."

HIII!!! My name is Aidan! This is the first romance fanfic I've written in 2 years! I hope you liked this, I tried to make it short and sweet! I'm more of a horror writer than a romance writer, so I hope this pleases you! Anyway, thanks for reading! Comment for any other ships you want me to do <3