•The Dare That Starts It All•

***Summary: During a game of Truth or Dare, your lieutenant is dared into giving you a kiss, but something about the way he has been acting lately may mean this is going to be more than a quick ordeal. And the way you have been feeling towards him won't be helping.***

The night has started innocently enough: you and your fellow officers sit around together in the rec, blowing off a little steam after another successful mission. Some nice, simple fun of playing cards and shooting the shit like you usually do when leaving the base to go down to the bar isn't an option. Everyone happens to be here tonight, including that brooding, mask-faced lieutenant that you can't seem to keep your mind from drifting to as he stands against the wall behind you.

Maybe it's just your imagination, but you've noticed that the lieutenant's presence has become more and more common lately, especially when you're around. He keeps mostly to himself, staying on the edge of the fun by just watching, yet you swear that if you are stealthy enough from out of the corner of your eye you can catch his gaze lingering in your direction.

Whether it's just a trick of your mind or the truth, either way it makes your pulse race. And tonight is no exception.

All has been pretty calm so far, nothing too rowdy or out of hand. At least, it was until now as the night has waned on and inhibitions have fallen. What was once an innocent bit of fun has turned a bit more risque as Soap decides that cards aren't enough to keep everyone entertained. What game is it he always seems to pick when everyone is more loose? One where the consequences always end up interesting: Truth or Dare.

Several rounds have passed already where the truths have consistently gotten more honest and the dares even more spicy. No one is ready to call it quits just yet, but there is one person that hasn't had a turn after all this time and that just won't do, not if the Scottish sergeant has anything to say about it. Taking matters into his own hands, Soap turns his attention to the big man standing with his arms crossed, watching quietly.

"Oy, Lt. Come on, you're already 'ere. Ya gotta join us," Johnny says through the raucous laughter to drag the silent lieutenant into the merriment. "Or are ya chicken, hmm?"

As much as you want Lt. Riley to join in, you would rather him stick around and something like this could get him to walk out; you don't want that to happen. "Fucking can it, Johnny," you say as you strike him in the bicep with your fist. "You're talking out of your ass, alright? Knock it off."

To everyone's surprise and yours, after a momentary pause, Lt. Riley steps up closer to the table with his arms still crossed. " 's fine," he dismisses your concern. "But, one round is all you're gonna fuckin' get from me, sergeant, so better make it count."

Johnny nods his head in agreement, actually caught off guard that he is even able to get this far with the ever stoic and cold-shouldered officer. It all seems a bit too easy, but Soap isn't going to pass up an opportunity like this to get the lieutenant involved. He's gotta make this good whatever it is that gets chosen and so he pauses a minute to think of an idea for either scenario before speaking up. "Alright Lt, ye know how it goes. Truth or dare?"

Truth is never going to be an option for Lt. Riley, not with the level of secrecy he keeps to at all times when it concerns his life; he knows if he gives Johnny an inch he will take a goddamn mile. So, there is only one other option and though he tries to hide the fidgeting in his hands, he picks it.

Maybe it'll be something that'll help him strike up a conversation with you later. "Dare," he says.

The grin that lights up Soap's face instantly lets the entire table know that he is up to no good and the words that follow are a testament to that fact. You thought you knew Johnny well enough by now, but not even you could have been prepared for what came out of his mouth then. "Alright, I dare ye ta kiss our sassy little sergeant right here," he says as he looks at you with an unwavering gaze.