Chapter 25

"Leave me alone...leave me.." He could hear Shabab's voice crying while a man carried him. Shabab kept hitting him in his chest. But the man was so broad for his liking and didn't feel a thing. He bit him on his shoulder with his teeth and he dropped him, which made him run away, he didn't even know where he was going to, he was just running but he bumped into someone's leg and fear crept into his heart as he slowly raised his head and saw his Father.

"Daddy..." The relief was evident on his face as he hugged his fathers legs. Arshad scooped his son in his arms down. Shabab looked so fragile and frightened. He wrapped his arms around him tightly. "Daddy, daddy . I want to go home daddy..  They beat me and made me cry dada. I want to go to mummy, please dada..daddyy take me home." Shabab kept mumbling and crying in between each word.

He raised Shaban's face and looked at his cheek, the sign of their slap was evident on his face. He was shaking and he looked so frightened. He felt his blood boil. "It's okay. I came here to take you home. Okay. Shhhh, don't cry." He managed to calm him down. But shabab never let go of his neck feeling scared. He carried him up and looked at bashir.. Arshad has never felt angry like this in his entire life. His eyes turned bloodshot red like pepper.

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO HEARTLESS AND RAISE YOUR HANDS ON A SMALL BOY? A BOY OF 4 YEARS?"  He thundered at him and Shabab never saw him or heard his father so angry like this. He held him tighter and closed his eyes. He felt safe in his arms yet scared at the same time

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me. Just because you got your son doesn't mean you can talk to me anyhow. Hand over the USB." He warned and forwarded his hand towards him.

He placed the file containing the USB on his palm and turned back on his heel, finding his way out. But his words stopped him in his tracks and made his heart leap to his feet.

"Not so soon, general."  He spatted.

"What else do you want?" He asked.

"I have to check whether it is really the USB I need, if you dare try to play dirty games, you know I play dirtier games" he emphasized the last  part. Arshad didn't turn, but he could feel the sweat that began to form on his forehead.

The USB he gave him is the fake one. They put some information regarding him and he won't recognise it at first. But if he goes through it further, he will know that it isn't what he's looking for.

"Bring over the laptop." He said to one of his men. They brought it to him and he switched it on. He inserted it and was going through the contents when a fire alarm began to ring and he raised his head.

"Is that a fire alarm?" He asked no one in particular.

One of his men opened the door and barged in while breathing heavily. "Boss, there's a serious fire outbreak. We need a evacuate right now."

He immediately stood up "What?? How did this happen?" He thundered. He was shocked because it has never happened before and this has no chance of being caught on fire.

Arshad inwardly smirked because his men had finally made their way in. He knows they never disappoint and he has full faith in them.

Bashir took the USB in his hands and looked at Arshad, who gave him a neutral look. "General, if by any chance you are behind this, you better be prepared because you have invited war upon yourself." With that he walked out.

He called one of his men and told them to collect shabab, he has to check this USB because he doesn't trust this General.

A man came and collected Shabab. Shabab held on to him, not wanting to let go, but he whispered words to his ears and he let the man carry him. The man that came and collected Shabab was no longer than Colonel Abdulsamad.