XXI

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

A gamble on life

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

"I'm sorry what-?!" I almost spat out my food, keyword almost. "I'm not supposed to be that high I'm not even a striker!" I looked at my ranking with wide eyes, nervousness slowly creeping up on me. "You're not a striker?!"

Just then, Ego's face popped up telling us to gather in the gathering room, I don't know what to call it so yeah gathering room it is. He probably wanted to reintroduce me again, so I told the other three boys to go on first while I finish my food. 

Did I mention that it's the evening at this point? No? Well now y'know. I took my time with the food and Niko helped me put my tray back. The boy just wouldn't listen when I say go on with out me. "Thanks Niko" I gave him a pat on the head of course.

We were about to arrive when we heard Ego's voice complaining about someone, "I bet you he's complaining about me" we both snickered in silent. "Yo!" I stepped in after Niko, waving a hand to Ego's huge ahh face on the TV. 

"You're late again, L/n Y/n.

"My apologies Ego, I hope I'm not to your distaste~" I bowed just like I did when I first came to Blue Lock. "Whatever, let me introduce her once again." he sighed, signaling me to stand in the middle of the room.

"Welcome back, the diamond among unpolished gems, L/n Y/n"

"It's great to be back" I did a little curtsy towards the crowd of boys where murmurs can be heard. "How do you like your new ranking little miss princess" he nonchalantly asked. "Too high for my liking, I've told you before I'm a midfielder didn't I? So why am I sky high?"

"You may be a midfielder in a pros eyes, but in this specific world you'll forever be on top. The only one who can stop you is most likely and will be Itoshi Rin." I could feel my ears perk up at the mentioned name. "Can't wait then" I whispered to myself. 

I was then given shocking news by Ego, saying that I was accepted into the match with u-20 and that I might be chosen by Sae to play with as a striker. Jaw-dropping, am I right? So I've been standing for a while now, I could tell since I was getting fidgety. 

Someone then approached me and proceeded to lift me up like a cat. "Someone's getting restless" I could feel his annoying smirk behind me, I tried turning to look but failed. I caught a glimpse of his hair though. "Shut up, Tabito

"Ohh, I'm getting the priority of first name basis?"

"Do you want me to take it back?" I irked, squirming around like a worm. 

"No ma'am

I saw Raichi from the corner of my eye and snapped my neck towards him, "RAICHI, COME FORTH, TARGET ACQUIRED" He got angry real fast and yelled at me, "I'M NOT YOUR DAMN POKEMON WOMAN" he still came over to get me out though.