PROLOGUE

The night begins to danceand play with the minds of lovers

and play with the minds of
lovers.

Season zero,
Episode zero

Mystic Falls,July 12th, 1864

Mystic Falls,
July 12th, 1864.

── "COME on, Stef!" Estelle's heeled feet hit the ground repeatedly in a hurry. Stefan's burly figure chased after her own, their shadows mocking their moves. "Catch me if you can." Estelle taunted her secret lover, knowing this would only fuel him more.

Hearing the sound of feet hitting the spinning dirt faster prepared the girl for arms to wrap around her, the owner of the arms laughing in victory as she only merely giggled. Pulling herself away she turned to look at the youngest Salvatore brother,

"Simply luck, we'll have to try again." Stefan stood shaking his head with a childish smile planted on his lips. He only stared at the girl as she began to run, quickly realizing he wasn't following and stopping.

"Well come on, we don't have all day." Her smile made Stefan's heart melt into a puddle of miniature hearts.

"I was only letting you get a head start, June." Stefan began to run making Estelle squeal. The pair ran after each other all day, even though they 'didn't have all day'. From a distance their fathers looked at them, wishing to see them together.

Mystic Falls,
August 23rd, 1864.

── ESTELLE walked into the Salvatore residence, using her proper manners as she always had. "May I speak with Stefan?" Stefan's brother Damon nodded his head.

"Of course, come this way, Stella." Estelle followed after the eldest Salvatore sibling, her inside heels clicking in sync with Damon's loafers on the freshly washed floors. "Here he is." Looking up from his journal that sat on the desk of the neat study, Stefan saw the two most important people in his life.