Chapter 5

Rosie awoke from the greatest dream she has had in a while. It was about how great her life was going to be since Derek asked her out.

She got on the school bus that morning listening to her playlist she made. It made her feel amazing in so many ways she never felt. She was vibing to all the different music when her phone vibrated. She looked down at the small screen to see the notification pop up. It read. "Hey babe, hope to have a good day at school. Talk later. Can believe I'm dating the most gorgeous and kind girl every". She smiled the rest of the bus ride. She didn't care what people thought.

She made it to lunch and there it was. Another notification, not from him though. From her ex best friend. They had stopped talking. Rosie opened the message to a load stuff. She wasn't quite sure what to do. Then a sudden rage fired out in her. This bitch had the audacity to say that I was a boyfriend stealer. Nothing but a bitch and she hated me. Rosie went out on a whole rage. She said a bunch of things. They ended of the fight and blocked each other.

A couple minutes later she got another notification. Derek 12:56 Hey I heard about you and the fight. She exited me saying she wants to kill you and not to do anything cause I won't like it. Rosie just replied with "yeah I'd rather not talk about it right now".

Rosie continued with her day. When suddenly it brightened. Sora and Derek had made a plan to cheer her up. Derek sent a message through. You wanna know what my shirt is made of ???
Rosie responded with a quick "what ?".
Boyfriend material.
That at least made her laugh a little. He kept going by the end of French she was feeling so much better and was bright red. She laughed at herself and went to the last class of the day.

Another message. A photo?? The photo was him in a cadets uniform. He looked so handsome in it. If made his eyes pop and made him look very intelligent. Rosie decided to tell him that. He sent another. He was bright red and smiling. He said he could talk later.

Rosie missed him. It has only been 3 ish hours without talking to him but she still missed him. He texted her just as she was out of  the shower. It was about 9 for him so he didn't  have a lot  before his phone shut off. He asked how her day was. She told him everything that happened. He seemed happy she had a good day. Other feeling dizzy and sick all day. Rosie told him that and said she should I take it careful. He didn't want her getting injured. She felt it die down when she talked to Derek. Which was good.

They spent the night chatting bout different things. Rosie's smile was as bright as can be. Like a happy golden retriever. Rosie had to cook dinner so she called him. They goofed about,she took him through her cooking. Once she sat down to eat Derek said the most out of the blue thing.

Thank you for being here for me. I'm sorry you lost your best friend. Rosie's smile dropped a little. She started saying that it wasn't his fault but decided not to. She decided to change the subject. Music, that's a good topic. "So what type of music do you like ?" She said after her first bite of food. "Hmmm it's gotta be Eminem at the top, other then that anything.... EXCEPT TAYLOR SWIFT!!".
Rosie laughed. She never thought Taylor swift was good. She agreed and satisfied that the topic changed started eating again.

After Rosie finished eating and washing up she went downstairs and got her Pjs on. She was a bit tired and still feeling sick. Once she did she showed him the fit. Of course he loved it. She got in bed and he started talking about different stuff. She was slowly going to sleep. His voice comforted her in a way. Like the ocean lulling her to sleep. She eventually fell asleep. Derek stayed on call and just played fornite. Glancing at her every now and then. Rosie slept for an hour and Derek stayed. She woke up and realized that she had fallen asleep. Not realizing Derek was on call started talking to her self. "I think I really love this guy" Rosie laughed softly to herself. She said different things mostly about him or nearly falling over.

That's when her heart stopped. She heard chuckling. It was Derek. Her phone was laying face up on her dressing table. He heard everything. Rosie burst out laughing. " Im sorry I didn't realize that I was in call with you, I forget a lot when I'm asleep". Rosie said. "It's fine, your a cute sleeper anyway so it was worth it". Derek chuckled. Rosie went red in the cheeks feeling happy as ever. They ended the call because Rosie had to go do some things but said they would game that night.