iv

The next few days went by slowly, he found himself just counting down the minutes until he could see his favourite band again. He was in his final year of university, and his classes felt like they were dragging on more than they ever had, he actually really loved his course and usually the days went by quickly because he was so invested the classes, but this week, knowing he would get to see Sirius again on Saturday, they went slower than ever.

On Wednesday he had two classes, both online, which meant he could do them from his bed. He spent the rest of that day editing the photos he had taken the night before at the show, and posted a few of them. 

m0ony_X Posted:

Took some insane photos last night at the LDN show!!

Within ten minutes the post had 50 likes, and among them was Sirius. Remus was used to his photography posts doing quite well, and he had gained a bit of a following from other fans because of it. He let his phone be for a little while and when he opened it again he saw a flood of notifications, much more than usual for a photography post, and realised Sirius had reposted it to his own account. He smiled, and considered messaging the guitarist to thank him, but he hadn't initiated a conversation with Sirius, he didn't want to overstep any boundaries or come across like a crazed fan.

Over the next few days their conversations were a lot more frequent, but always initiated by Sirius. Usually, Sirius would approach him with a question or tell him something, and Remus was always fast to reply. He felt as though they had been speaking all week, but refused to get his hopes up that they might be friends, assuring himself that Sirius was simply being polite.

When at long last Friday night rolled around he was raking through his wardrobe trying to find a cool outfit, and his phone pinged.

SiriusBlack: hey, quick question, what's your fav song of ours?

m0ony_X: Oh! That's so hard to choose, but probably 'Bakers Dozen'! It was one of the first songs I heard from you guys, so I've always had a soft spot for it.

SiriusBlack: cool, good to know.

m0ony_X: Can I ask why?

SiriusBlack: you'll see tomorrow ;)

m0ony_X: What?!

SiriusBlack: you better get to sleep, it's a long way from london to brighton, see you tomorrow xx

m0ony_X: Whoah so you're seriously not going to tell me?

SiriusBlack: nope

m0ony_X: The suspense may kill me!!

SiriusBlack: you'll be fine, see you tomorrow xx

Remus smiled as he put his phone down and laid his outfit for tomorrow on the floor, he nodded to himself, feeling satisfied that it looked good and then retired to his bed for the night. The next morning he woke up early, he was queueing again and he had to drive down to Brighton, so he threw on his outfit and got into his car, leaving before the sun had even risen so he could be at the venue for around 8am.