CHAPTER 3 - THE HUSTLE

"A lot of police officers surround the truck. Forensics take the bodies out to observe them. All of the corpses are slashed multiple times and may even be raped. Corpses are all found naked and in plastic bags hanging on coat hangers.

The faces of the bodies are completely disfigured. Their heads were probably hammered to disfigure their face, breaking their skulls along the process"

Read the lines of the newspaper that Grandma was reading.

Mike's sick now in his grandma's house who treats and takes care of him. Now she puts a wet cloth on his forehead as he lays on the bed.

Grandma scolded him that he shouldn't have gone there. But Mike tells her that he just wanted to see him, that's all.

"Yesterday after you blacked out, people informed the police. They came here and are now investigating" she told to him

Police officers take out the wooden crates placed on all sides of the vehicle and start inspecting the scene. There's a mess of food packages on the seats. They open the car drawer to find dirty clothes soaked in mud inside. The truck still had the key in it. They moved the truck forward and noticed that the truck was parked right on top of the sewage manhole cover. They feel something suspicious and push aside the manhole cover to get inside. There wasn't anything suspicious in there so they climbed out of the sewer.

Police officers went to different households in that neighborhood to gather information about this event.

They start to go to Jeff's house and open the gate but are welcomed by a disgusting rotting smell. They were confused but they still went and knocked at the door to find that no one was responding.

Grandma was cooking dinner when she heard the doorbell sound. Mike gets out of his bed and goes to look at what is happening. But this sudden silence worried him. He slowly walks towards the door and sees a long shadow through the space below the door. It moved sideways swiftly. He suddenly hears the thudding sound of someone walking. He slowly turns his head back to see Grandma staring at him at the kitchen door. He is troubled by the stare and she starts slowly walking toward him. The thudding sound of her footsteps echoed throughout Mike's eardrums scaring him. She comes near him and pats his shoulders. She goes to look through the peek hole of the door. But as she sees no one, she tells him "There's nobody here, I must've thought about the bell ringing"

"What?!" Mike was muddled as he heard it too

He goes to check the peek hole and finds out that she is telling the truth. Confused, she starts going to the kitchen and tells him to get some rest as well.

They start walking away but then hear a knocking sound from the door. She suddenly opens the door but Mike tries to stop her. The door opened to reveal that it was in fact the police. They both sigh in peace and then look at the police as they tell them that they were there to investigate

Grandma welcomed them into the house and they sat on the couch

"How many days has it been since that truck parked there?" The police asked them

"Three" Grandma replied

Police asked if they found anyone suspicious around here these days.

Grandma denied it but told them that ever since that truck parked there, strange events have been happening

"Strange events?"

"my dad is missing" Mike shouted interrupting them

Police asked what his name was

"Jeff"

David walks out of the room from his sleep and asks them what all the noise is. Scratching his eyes and faltering when he noticed the police.