Green and Red

Summary: Lovecraft discovers that humans bleed red. Based on how apparently, if you go deep enough into the ocean, blood appears green or black in colour due to red light being unable to reach down far enough. Whether this is scientifically accurate or not, I'm not very concerned, because this is a gay anime fanfiction on Wattpad.

In the ocean, there was no red.

He could still remember that. Hiding from the divers and seeing them jump when the greenish-black liquid seeped from their suits. Humans must be incredibly fragile, if getting cut frightened them so. He used to go out of his way to help them back to the surface, such a squishy creature without poison or the natural ability to hide has no place somewhere like this. Although, they never seemed to appreciate his efforts.

When he decided to live among these humans, Francis christened him Howard Philips Lovecraft, and was swift to put him to work under contract. It was here among man that he got to experience that same fright the first time he saw he partner cut his hand on a thorn. Was he sick? Was he dying, perhaps? It would be peculiar, certainly, Nathaniel said that the only people who die young are sinners. John was no sinner, because a "sinner" seemed to be a bad thing, and John wasn't a bad thing in the slightest.

But what was this strange colour coming from his hand? Was the water the man was drinking somehow tainted? Goodness, could that mean this odd colour was only the start of something terrible? John was just another squishy and defenseless human, but Lovecraft didn't want him to go, for a reason he could not describe.

"Howard? You can come down now"

A voice interjected this train of thought. The creature looked down from his place on top of the bookshelf at the man (and the peculiar liquid on his hand). With great trepidation, Lovecraft got down and approached his partner. What was it? He had seen Lucy and Mark drinking something that looked similar, it came in a box, and was the same in colour. However, trying to drink this liquid got a negative reaction from John.

"Hey- what the hell?! Stop! No, that's not something to eat!" He exclaimed, pushing away his companion "This is my blood, dude, you don't drink it"

"... Blood?" Lovecraft tilted his head, such a peculiar term

"Yeah, it's red stuff that your heart pumps around your body to keep it going" the farmer shrugged "it's the stuff that makes your skin pink. At least, I think it is." Ah. Perhaps that's why Lovecraft's vessel was never as alive-looking as those of his peers. He would need to change that.

"... The colour" he murmured. It was most curious for the life fluid of a human to be the same colour as something like coral or apples

"Oh, the colour? It's red, if you're asking what it's name is."

Red.

No wonder humans seem to enjoy roses and rubies and sunsets, they're the same colour as their innards.

That seemed like something worth remembering.