Chapter 22

Pov maerya Targaryen
Daenerys and Maerya sat side by side, watching the spectacle unfolding before them. Men, clad in armor and wielding an array of weapons, were locked in fierce combat inside the fighting pit. The air was thick with tension, the sound of clashing swords and battle cries echoing through the arena.

Daenerys's expression, however, belied her inner thoughts. Unlike many of the spectators around her, who were cheering enthusiastically, she appeared somewhat detached, her eyes betraying a hint of disapproval.

"I don't think you like it much"said maerya
Daenerys chuckled wryly as she observed the crowd around them, their excitement palpable in the air. The cheering and applause echoed loudly, a clear indicator of the people's enjoyment "Must be. They seem to enjoy the bloodshed," she remarked, her voice tinged with sarcasm.Maerya shifted her gaze from the crowd back to Daenerys, a small smile playing on her lips. "I promise you they do," she echoed, her tone filled with humor.

As they witnessed another combatant get stabbed in the neck, Daenerys grimaced, a mix of discomfort and disapproval crossing her face. "Painful, I can tell you," Maerya remarked dryly, her voice laced with sarcasm. Daenerys then stood up, her expression reflecting her growing distaste for the spectacle before her. "I think I've seen enough," she asserted, her tone firm and resolute.

As Daenerys prepared to leave, a voice piped up, stopping her in her tracks. "Your Grace," said Hizdahr, his tone somewhat pleading. "It is a tradition for the queen to remain until the victor is crowned" Daenerys paused, her expression hardening. She turned to face Hizdahr, her eyes filled with determination and a hint of defiance "I have sacrificed more than enough for your traditions," she declared, her voice carrying a touch of irritation.

As if on cue, someone barged into the fighting pit, causing a brief commotion among the crowd and the combatants "Interesting," Maerya commented, her voice tinged with curiosity. She leaned forward, her eyes fixed on the intruder,

The newcomer, with quick and precise movements, closed the distance between himself and one of the combatants. Without hesitation, he slit the man's throat in a swift, lethal motion. As they watched the scene unfold before them, Daenerys's eyes widened slightly in surprise, her eyebrows furrowing in a mix of disgust and intrigue. Maerya, on the other hand, was unfazed, her expression remaining nonchalant as she observed the carnage. "That actually is painful," she said dryly, her tone betraying a hint of dark humor. "I'm not joking."

As they watched the mysterious man move throughout the pit, taking down fighter after fighter, Daenerys found herself growing more intrigued. She watched with a mixture of shock and awe as he decimated the competition with ruthless efficiency.

Finally, only one fighter remained standing. The air was thick with tension as all eyes in the arena focused on the last contender.

As the final fighter stood before Maerya and Daenerys, the crowd grew silent, their gazes fixed on the mysterious figure. The arena seemed to hold its breath as he slowly raised his hand to remove his helmet. He locked eyes with Daenerys, his gaze intense and fixated on her.

Daenerys's reaction was immediate and firm. "Get him out of my sight," she commanded, her voice quivering slightly. But the man persisted, pleading with her. "Khaleesi, please, I just need a moment of your time. Just one moment" Daenerys's expression wavered for a brief moment, her resolve seemingly weakening. But then she hardened her gaze once more, her features hardening into a stoic mask.

As the man was being escorted away, he spoke up, calling out to Daenerys. "I brought you a gift," he stated firmly, The mention of a gift caused Daenerys to pause, her curiosity piqued despite her initial determination to keep him at bay. Before she could respond, however, a familiar voice echoed through the arena "It's true," said the voice, a hint of amusement in its tone.