Kor'ii

-Lantash-

Narim tells me what I missed. I guess I should have been paying attention.

Would you prefer I take control? Narim asks.

I can sense he doesn't really want to be in control for this. I can handle myself. My emotions will not distract me. Hopefully Jacob is right, and we don't have many Jaffa to face.

Everyone takes position, and I'm pleased that the Jaffa seem to be unaware of us. The objective is to find Barm/Anguis and the missing crystal. There are two places the crystal is likely to be. Jacob and Samantha are going to search one place, while Teal'c and Daniel search the other. Kaid and I will find Barm and Anguis. We'll have radio contact.

At Samantha's signal we start firing on the guarding Jaffa. We take them down, and causiously enter the pyramid. Finding no other guards, we head for the ring transport. Jacob triggers it to take us up to the ship. I feel as if my stomach is in a knot as we ring up. I prepare to fire, but there are no Jaffa.

Quietly we split into our groups. Kaid and I head to the level that Anguis is suppose to be at. We stay near the wall, and move around corners away from the sounds of Jaffa. The groups are small, and we kill a couple of them. The guns of a Tau'ri may be effective, but they are loud and cannot make a body disappear. As we move closer to the cells, I feel as if my stomach is continuly being tied in knot after knot, and as if a weight is slowly being pressed against my chest. The zat'nikatel wants to slip out of my sweaty hands, and sometimes I can't stop trembling.

I can't breathe.

I stop, not able to get enough breath.

You're fine, Narim thinks. Take deep breaths.

"Lantash?" I hear Kaid say. "Are you all right?"

Taking deep breaths helps. You should take over.

Having you panic in my head isn't going to be any better. Just keep breathing, slow, nice, long breaths.

The radio sounds, and Jacob's voice comes on. I glance to Kaid. "Get that?"

He grabs it, and I continue breathing.

That's good, Narim thinks.

I feel as if a calm is washing over with each deep breath. My trembling soon stops, and I take a risk in taking a normal breath.

In. Out.

I did it!

I turn to Kaid to ask what Daniel said, but we hear the sound of Jaffa. We move off to take cover...in opposite directions.

That's not good, Narim thinks. Despite acting rather calm, I can feel he is very afraid.

We'll just wait until they pass, and find Kaid again. It's not a...they are headed towards us. There are too many of them, and I must retreat. I keep retreating, just staying ahead of their steps, and they every hall I pick, they pick. Every turn I make they are soon behind. The sensation of panic is returning, and it is difficult to take deep breaths while moving quickly.

I want to contact the others, but realize Kaid has the radio. Damn! At least so far I am able to stay head of the Jaffa. Finally, I reach an area, and hear not only the Jaffa behind me, but ones coming from another hall in front as well. I don't want to fight them by myself.

Hey! Narim thinks.

Sorry, I meant, you know what I mean. I take a risk, move into one of the rooms, and lock the door. I'm relieved when I hear the sound of the Jaffa passing by.

"Identify yourself!"

I freeze in terror. It's Zar.

To be continued...