Braxton

There was a change in the air. I could feel it. It made my bones quiver. The smell of rotting flesh intertwined with a pungent smoke cloud releasing into the air. They all looked down. The hands which held mine on either side dared not twitch. I almost did. My heart racing but I held all the composure in. I wasn't scared. I was excited. Our masks conceal the identities and yet I knew who all surrounded me. Sarah Oxley didn't. She didn't know who I was. Better yet, what I was. The soft hums and vocal gutturals surrounding her. She was already gone. She's been rotting for three days now. She was a bitch to hunt too. Sarah put up one hell of a fight. Normally I wouldn't have been bothered by that. Normally that would have had me in a thrill. Yet, Sarah aggravated me. I stalked her. Her every move was calculated by the time I had finally decided to make a move. So fucking easily burnt in my brain. I was bored.

Please please, who are you? W-what do you want from m-me!?

It's the same shit every time. Sarah was no different. She'd been ready to go off to college. Called her boyfriend an hour before her death to let him know she was on her way to go see him. Sarah didn't see anyone but me. Hell, I don't even know if Sarah saw me coming. She just knew, something, someone was there. Sarah was blonde, 5 foot 3 with an outstanding fucking optimistic attitude on life. Great credit, amazing house, perfect boyfriend but Sarah was lost. Sarah had a side only we knew. She got dark, and fucked with shit she shouldn't have. I didn't care, I was taught to not let any emotions get a hold of me. It taints my line of work. My art. My passion. I'm a hunter. A damn good one at that.

The humming grows along with the vocal gutturals and I hang my head in and join. The ritual begins.