જ⁀➴

"opal, w-will you please..."

"yeah?"

"will you... teach me how to date?!"

"what?"

જ⁀

as an ipc executive, and a member of the ten stonehearts, y/n had to travel a lot, ending up in a whole new planet every two weeks or so due to the nature of her job.

and because she was known her for persuation and communication skills, diamond liked choosing her to get the ipc possible business deals. more investors and businesses throughout the cosmos.

but her favorite planet to visit had to be jarilo-iv, due to a certain captain there, that she had befriended when she visited the planet for the first time ever.

"opal." she heard the captain's familiar voice call out her stoneheart name, as she never actually revealed her real name, and she gave him a smile. "you're back already?"

she chuckled as gepard approached her, dressed in his usual captain uniform, that she still found attractive. "not happy to see me?" she asked as she crossed her arms over her chest, and it made the blond captain shake his head with a slight blush on his fair face.

he cleared his throat awkwardly, "n-no! it's not that." he looked away, his pretty blue eyes looking somewhere else, "i just didn't expect to see you so soon. you're here on business, correct?"

she sighed and nodded, "of course. don't expect me to get vacations anytime soon." she scoffed, a hint of annoyance in her voice as she spoke. she didn't really love her job, due to the fact that she doesn't get vacations often and she's always working.

but at least the pay is good.

then a smile formed on her face as she let her eyes linger on his, and he felt small under her gaze, "anyway, i missed you!" she grinned. "and serval too... i should say hi."

it's rare to see the captain of the silvermane guards act flustered, shy, or embarrassed.

but you'll always see him act like this in front of his stoneheart friend.

"i-i missed you too." he awkwardly smiled, finally making eye contact with her. "how long will you stay?"

y/n shrugged, "around two weeks? maybe less or maybe more, depends on how fast i'll get the job done." she didn't mention any details about that job, and he thought that he didn't need to pry.

now, he had one thing to do — the one thing he's been planning to do for the past month or so. and with serval and lynx's encouragements, he had a feeling he could finally do it.

he was going to ask y/n out. the thing he's been wanting to do ever since he first laid eyes on her almost a year ago.

"opal, i... wanted to ask about something."

y/n nodded her head, her arms still crossed as her eyes remained on him, "of course."

he let out a sigh, and despite the freezing weather of jarilo-iv, he felt himself sweat from how nervous he felt. his palms felt clammy, and his heartbeat was so fast, his heart hammering against his chest.

and his usually pale face was tinted with pink.

is he blushing? y/n thought as she raised her eyebrows slightly, an amused expression on her face.

"opal, w-will you please..." he stuttered, his eyes now leaving her and looking somewhere else. all the confidence he had gathered shattered the moment she let her gaze linger on him.

the stoneheart furrowed her eyebrows, "yeah?"

"will you...

...teach me how to date?!" he blurted out, then immediately placed a hand on his mouth after he did so. he did not plan to say that, and he did not want to say that at all.

oh god, what did i get myself into? he thought as he stared at her with that embarrassed expression.

"what?" y/n stared at him with a surprised expression, her eyes wide as she tried to understand why he would ask that, especially from her.

he removed his hand from his mouth and cleared his throat, "w-well, i mean..." his eyes trailed to a random girl that walked through the streets of belobog, "i... like this girl, and serval said you know a thing or two about romance..." he lied.

i do? y/n thought as she gave him an awkward smile.

y/n stared at him for a second too long, then smirked, "who's the girl?"

gepard felt his heart drop when you asked that question, and to save himself, he pointed at the random girl he spotted, "her." he said almost too fast.

he had never seen that girl before and he doesn't know her name.

"oh?" y/n grinned, her eyes scanning the brown-haired girl that was far away from her and gepard. "aww... i can't believe the captain of the silvermane guards is asking for romance advice!" she snickered, hiding her mouth with her hand.

this just made gepard feel even worse.

he completely ruined everything.

"please... don't." he sighed.

that only made y/n laugh, but then she waved him off and chuckled, "sorry, sorry."

after she took a few seconds to stop laughing at the idea of gepard being romantic for once, she looked at him with a smile on her face. "i think i can help you."

despite agreeing to this, she didn't like the idea of gepard liking another girl.

જ⁀➴

lil prologue 🗣️

i decided to write in third person pov for once