Chapter 236

Chapter 236: Biased

Grandpa Manoban slapped the table. "Shut up! You and Wu Chun didn't teach Mark well since he was young. What's wrong with Jennie helping you guys?"

"Dad, you're biased!" Taeyong shouted angrily, "I'm your biological son!"

"So what if you are?" Grandpa Manoban's face turned red. When he thought about how Ji-yeon would definitely mock him when he returned because he had embarrassed himself in front of him today, he immediately became even more impatient.

"Why don't you take a look at yourself? Other than being lazy and playing with women, how can you compare to your elder brother? Fortunately, Lisa is reliable. Otherwise, the Manoban Family would have been destroyed by you sooner or later. When I die, there won't even be anyone to buy me a coffin. Do you think I can count on you? I would have been angered to death if I could count on you!"

Old Master Manoban was also very angry at this moment. He had once invested so much effort into Taeyong and sincerely wanted to nurture him into the heir of the Manoban Family, but Taeyong had disappointed him too much.

When Lisa saw that the atmosphere had become tense, he stood up. "Alright, let's eat first. Grandpa, calm down."

Wu Chun was sobbing softly at the side. Taeyong was so angry that his expression was ferocious. He didn't want to eat anymore and turned around angrily to leave. Wu Chun hesitated for a moment before chasing after him.

Grandpa Manoban looked at his son's departing figure and sighed. When he saw Ji-yeon 's gloating expression, he was instantly angry. "Laugh if you want to!"

"Hahaha, it's fine, Big Brother. At least Lisa has lived up to expectations. Now that LM Corporation has developed so well, you should be glad that you brought Lisa back." Ji-yeon looked at Lisa in admiration.

"Since the main account is useless, of course I have to nurture a secondary account." Grandpa Manoban sighed.

"Sigh, actually, I don't have anything to laugh at you about. Ah Cheng hasn't woken up yet, and Seul is playful. I'm also very frustrated now. I came back this time to trouble you with something. You must promise me," Ji-yeon drank a glass of wine and said helplessly.

"Tell me."

"Seul has just taken over the company's matters. He doesn't have enough experience and needs to train. I want him to stay in LM Corporation for a year and learn more from Lisa. The two of them are biological brothers and can take care of each other in the future. The two of us probably don't have many years left to live. In the future, the Manoban Family will depend on the two of them," Ji-yeon said sadly.

"That's not a problem. We're biological brothers. Lisa and Seulgi are also biological brothers. I'll get Lisa to arrange it well. Don't worry about this."

Ji-yeon sighed. "Sigh, sometimes, when I think about it, if I hadn't chosen this path back then, my sons wouldn't have died young. Now, even Ah Cheng can't wake up..." Grandpa Manoban filled Ji-yeon 's glass with wine. The two brothers drank cup after cup, and the atmosphere was a little sad.

When Lisa saw the two elders sighing about the past, he pulled Jennie's hand. "Let's go out for a walk."

"Okay."

The two of them went to the small garden and found a pavilion to sit down. Lisa sighed helplessly. "Actually, Second Grandpa is also a pitiful person. He went to Country K alone in his early years and experienced countless difficulties before he could gain a foothold in Country K. You also know that Country K is a somewhat xenophobic country. It hasn't been easy for him all these years."

Actually, Jennie also knew a little about Ji-yeon 's family. The business empire that Ji-yeon established in Country K was called the J Manoban Corporation. The original heir of the J Manoban Corporation was a man called Jackson. That man was Ji-yeon 's eldest grandson, who was also Seulgi's elder brother.

However, because of an accident, Jackson was injured in a traffic accident. His brain was severely damaged and he became a vegetable.

Therefore, Ji-yeon chose Seulgi to be the new heir of the J Manoban Corporation. Although Seulgi did not have the desire to inherit the family business, he had no choice but to bear Jackson's responsibility for the family.

"Yes, I don't blame Second Grandpa for wrongly blaming me." Jennie knew that Lisa was worried that she would feel wronged. She gently leaned on Lisa's shoulder. "This is the first time I've seen Second Grandpa today. He doesn't know what kind of person I am. It's normal for him to believe Wu Chun's words more."

"As long as you're not angry."

The two of them were talking in the garden when the servant's voice came from not far away. "Young Master, slow down. Be careful of the steps..."

They turned their heads and saw the servant helping the drunk Seulgi pass by the garden. Seulgi had drunk too much and walked unsteadily. He kept muttering, "Xiaoxiao, Xiaoxiao... Don't go..."

"Who's Xiaoxiao?" Jennie asked curiously after Seulgi had walked far away.