27 Years

Roman Sapphire

Last night Val and I had our "fort in the woods, under the stars night" and this morning I'm getting ready to fly back to Italy, for a visit.

My grandma, my mother's mother, she wanted to see me...the thing is,

I - in secret - arranged with Val's parents for her to come with me. I'm excited, but I'm nervous.

Tring, Tring!

"Hello?"

"What on EARTH?!?!" She booms.

"Hi, Val." I say, worried.

"Roman!" She says. "Italy, for real?"

"Uh-huh." I say bouncing on my heels as I ditch my luggage on the bed, focusing solely on Valentina. "Is there a problem?"

"Yes! This is amazing!"

"Okay, what's the problem exactly?" I smile.

"I have no idea how to repay you." She wines.

I laugh. "Have dinner with me at my grandma's."

"Deal."

I laugh. "Awesome."

****

"So when are we flying?" She asks excited, practically bouncing up and down.

"Saturday." I say smiling at her cuteness.

"Tomorrow?" She questions pointing downward with her left hand as she faces me.

"Hmm-hmm." I nod.

"Ah!" She squeals, jumping up and down in the same spot. "I'm excited!" She throws her arms around me, and hugs me tight, pretty much still jumping.

She's like a little firecracker.

Pretty soon she'll be bouncing off the walls. I smile, folding my arms around her.

"How long are we staying?" She asks pulling away.

"A week." I answer.

"What about school?"

"We'll catch up," I say. "Or..we can always ask our teacher to send us the work and complete it there?"

She nods. "Second option."

I nod. "Alright. Let's go talk to our teacher."

Valentina and I are currently at my house, greeting my dad. "Tina?" My dad says. "Keep an eye on him, alright?"

She nods. "Yes sir."

"Like I need a babysitter." I scoff.

"Shut up." She whispers. "You want me to babysit you, I'm a great babysitter!" She whispers yells.

"Oh really? I don't believe you." I say.

"Oh now you've done it." She says deepening her voice. "Mr. Sapphire, could you turn around please, I need to tackle your son?"

"Go right ahead." My father says, gesturing with his hands towards me.

"Wait what? Are you serious? Dad?!" I burst.

"What?" He asks. "You messed up, you deal with her, this is your responsibility."

I gulp, looking back at Val. "Val, I need to be able to walk, we're going to Italy." I say holding my hands up in surrender.

She laughs. "Come on." She says hooking her arm with mine.

"Bye dad." I say.

Valentina Hugh

12:30 am and I'm in the airport, waiting to take flight with Roman by my side.

"I'm nervous." I mumble.

"Huh?"

"Nerves." I say, pointing to myself.

"Why?" He asks, crossing his arms as he leans against the rail.

I shrug. "Just am."

He chuckles. "Don't worry," he says putting his arm around my shoulder. "Your hero's here, cup-a-cake."

I roll my eyes. "You're so extra."

"Born EXTRA-ordinary, baby." He winks.

"Pfft." I slap his chest, gently pushing him away.

He side glances me, while I side glance him and as our eyes meet his lips tug into a smirk and as hard as I try to fend the smile off, it stubbornly appears causing his eyes to glisten.

He sticks his tongue out at me and I stick mine back out at him - Snap!

I gasp. "You didn't." I say.

"Oh I did!" He says chuckling as he stares at his phone. "This is a nice picture." He says holding it between his thumb and forefinger, gently wagging it. "Imma keep it."

"No..no, no, no."

"Yes, yes, yes, yes." He nods continuously.

Ding-dong!

"All passengers to Rome Italy, please board now, thank you."

"Let's go." He says leading me to board.

A/N

Titled 27 Years because in the chapter they're acting like they've know each other for years.