nothing lasts#17

#One month later#
.
.

-Daniel: "I'm really tired of everything, but we can't just quit you know?"

-Anya: "I know.. when should we get back to school then?"

Anya who was talking with Daniel through the phone, cut herself off once she felt somebody trying to open the door of her room.

"Mom?"

Her mother who was eavesdropping to her conversation entered the room and started shouting and scolding her

-Lauren: "you're still talking about studying? Do you really think that I'd let you continue your studies after this scandal??! You've been hanging out with a murderer and you!
You brought him over to MY HOUSE many times. He even used to carry Nya with his killer hands!!"

Although Anya got sick of listening to her mother's insults everyday, and even sicker of bearing all the disrespect, mistreatment and the abuse, she never spoke up, she's never even tried.

But this time, it was different. Calling Kai a murderer after learning about his motive was something that Anya wasn't planning to be tolerant with.

-Anya: "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL HIM?.. HE'S NOT A MURDERER!! AND DON'T YOU EVER DARE TO TALK BAD ABOUT HIM AGAIN."

-Lauren: "you're talking back?!"

Lauren pushed Anya to the ground causing her to fall and drop her phone.

She then started beating her up.

Daniel who was still on the call, understood the situation and reported it.

A few moments later, the cops got to Anya's house along with Daniel.

She was leaving the house with them,
And in spite of being in trouble, her mom was still not allowing her to go

-Lauren: "ANYA!! I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU STEP OUT OF THAT DOOR!" she shouted as she seemed to be losing her mind.

"MADAM! seems like you don't understand the trouble you're in. You've been caught abusing and detaining an adult, I can arrest you right now with one word from her."

said the cop with a serious tone of voice putting Lauren back to her place.

.
.
#Later on, Daniel's house#
.
.

-Anya: "thank you, Danny"

-Daniel: "no need! Kai would be so mad at me if something bad happened to you

I- I couldn't protect Mina but I won't fall to the same old mistakes.."

-Anya: "what.. same old mistakes? You were doing your best."

-Daniel: "No.. I left her alone for 30minutes.. I shouldn't have left that day.. if only I stayed.."

Daniel zoned out for a moment, feeling a hot tear running down his cheek involuntary made him realize that he was losing to his thoughts again, and so he wiped the tear away and continued with a smile on his face