Chapter 2: Family reunion

As Narinder made his way to the temple, he couldn't help but wonder why he bothered listening to the Lamb. It wasn’t as if he feared punishment. Opening the temple door, he raised an eyebrow—there was no Lamb, just a small, unassuming ball in the center of the room.

He scanned the area, suspicious. Was this a trick? A trap? Narinder approached the ball cautiously and gave it a light tap. It rolled slightly, and he stared at it for a moment before letting out a chuckle. He pushed it with his foot, watching it roll across the floor. For a brief moment, he seemed to be enjoying himself.

Suddenly, he heard rapid footsteps approaching from behind. Narinder spun around, ready to fight, but it was too late; the next thing he knew, he was chained up on the ground. Looking up, he saw the Lamb standing over him. "Of course... what do you want? Finally going to torture me?"

The Lamb laughed, "What? No. I just needed to make sure you couldn't run."

Narinder struggled against the ropes binding him, cursing under his breath. "Run from what? Your little surprise? What could it possibly be?"

The Lamb rubbed the back of their neck, offering a nervous smile. “Yeah, well, you’ll see… bring them in!”

The temple door creaked open, and in came four figures, bound and visibly upset. Narinder’s eyes widened in shock. Leshy, Heket, Kallamar, and Shamura—his siblings.

“Holy shit….” Narinder muttered, panicking and struggling more fiercely against the ropes. “Why are they here!?” he yelled.

“I swear—is this why we’re tied up!? To meet this traitor!?” Kallamar shouted.

“What’s happening!?” Leshy demanded, “Why can I smell…him…!?”

“Five become four, become three, become—” Shamura chanted under their breath.

“Damn it, Shamura, you're no help!” Leshy snapped.

“He…is…here,” Heket croaked.

“What!? Let me out!!” Leshy thrashed against the ropes.

“Stop it! You're going to give me rope burns!” Kallamar complained.

“Is this my punishment, damned Lamb!? Forcing me to see these…traitors!?” Narinder roared.

“Traitors!? Who are you calling traitors!?” Leshy retorted. “You’re the one that attacked us!”

“Two becomes one, becomes nothing…” Shamura concluded, their voice a soft murmur.

The Lamb watched the chaotic scene with a smile. “This is going better than I thought. Alright! This is how it's going to go.” They pointed at the four Old Faith bishops. “You four deserve an explanation. As you probably know, I killed you, sending you into purgatory. I saved you. What happened to your crowns, I have no idea, but now you're not gods, nor are you mortal… Kind of like Narinder here!"

"What did they say?" Kallamar asked. Heket signed the Lamb’s words to him. "What!? So we're just... like this now?" The Lamb nodded. "So I'm stuck deaf, Leshy's stuck blind, Heket's stuck mute, and Shamura…oh Shamura…"

The Lamb shook their head. "Well, based on what the Mystic Seller said, I was going to try and get your body parts back."

"Was?" Leshy asked.

"Well yeah... I was thinking and... I'm not going to get them. You and Nari are!" The Lamb grinned.

"What!?" everyone exclaimed in unison, except for Kallamar.

"What did they say?" he asked again. Heket signed it to him. His eyes widened. "What!?"

"Yep! One by one, one of you and Nari will go and find your parts. Alright?" The Lamb asked.

"Can we pick death instead?" Leshy asked.

"No."

"Lamb, I swear to god—" Narinder muttered.

"Hey! Why should I go? I'm not the one with the beef. And while you're finding them, I expect some family bonding!"

Narinder sighed and struggled against his bonds once more, failing miserably. "God damn it."