Chapter 4

Zayaan drove towards his home after dropping Izhaan.

Ibrahim and Neelum asked him where he was to which he replied his friend had an accident so he was in hospital with him, well that wasn't a pure lie but not a pure truth too.

While Azaan was thanking heavens when his brother went away in hurry he thought he might forget about his trouble.

Zayaan went to his room saying he needs to rest.

Time skip to dinner table,

They were just chitchatting, when Zayaan spoke

Zayaan: Azi come to the study after dinner with your books – he said in normal tone not to worry his parents but azaan gulped hard hearing him.

g- g bhai – he said slowly

sab theek hai na? – Ibrahim looked at their changing demeanors.

G baba everything is fine – Zayaan smiled at him.

Neelum also nodded. She never really had a problem with Zayaan being this strict with Azaan, in fact she was glad he was taking his time out to guide him to the right path.

Dinner ended and Ibrahim and Neelum retired to their room after wishing the kids good night.

Zayaan went to the study but not before giving Azaan a warning glance.

Azaan gulped hard and went to his room to take his books.

He was glad he was smart enough to do his work in the evening to avoid getting in more trouble with his brother.

He slightly knocked on his door.

Zayaan: a jao – he looked at him and nodded

Zayaan went inside and settled the books on the table while he stood silently.

Zayaan: aj ka kaam kiya hai?

Azaan nodded: g

Zayaan: hmm better for you – he said as he took his copies and checked them.

He internally smiled, he knew his brother was genius, it's just he was careless but that's also okay for his age. But Zayaan maintained a stern demeanor outside.

Good – Zayaan said placing the copies onto the table after checking them.

But then he straightened up in his seat: now coming back to the stunt you decided to pull today – he stopped to look at Azaan who suddenly found ground a lot more interesting than the eyes of his brother, then he continued: do you have any explanation for it?

Bhai I am sorry please – Azaan immediately started pleading knowing he can't get away with refusing anything.

Zayaan shut him up with a glare: ye mery sawal ka jawab nhi hai Azaan – his tone sent shivers down Azaan's spine.

Azaan mentally cringed hearing his full name from his brother, it just sounds so strange whenever someone calls you with your full name and Zayaan always does this when azaan is in trouble.

Zayaan asked again when he stayed quite: mene kuch pucha hai, aj kahan thy tum school time me.

Amusement park – Azaan merely whispered

Zayaan glared hard at him then shook his head at his brother.

Zayaan: and why so? Is trha jany ki kya zrurat thi Azaan? Mujhy keh diya hota ya baba ko, in fact hum aliyan bhai se keh dety aina ko bhi le ja skty thy but why did you decide to choose the wrong path?

I need answers when I am talking – Zayaan said harshly when Azaan stayed mum.

Azaan flinched at his tone, tears gathered at the back of his eyes: b-bhai wo – he tried to talk but he was so frustrated with everything, so he could not.

Zayaan stood up and went to him who took a step backward but he approached him and held his chin in a firm grip while he made him look at him: now speak,

Azaan gulped looking in his brother's eyes and started talking: school khatam hony wala hai bhai, we just feel like we don't have enough memories, we had a test which they didn't prepare, so they wanted to bunk and I don't know but everything feels so frustrating, but I also wanted to make memories with my friends since we are going to be in different streams in college so I said yes to them as it sounded more tempting than writing the boring test, I am sorry – he said honestly knowing there's no way out

Zayaan nodded hearing him as he left his chin: I can understand bacchy, lekin you should realize this is not the safest way to make memories, you don't need to bunk to make memories with your friends, wahan kuch bhi ho skta tha azaan or hmein kisi ko nhi pta hota ky aap kahan ho, this has it's own security issues, you need to realize this. You can still enjoy with your friends, no one has ever stopped you –

Azaan: I am sorry bhai

Zayaan: and studies aren't boring, don't make this mindset, we don't ask you to be the topper but don't give up on your dreams bacchy for this mere fun and about friends you will get new ones in college and even if you don't remember you have us all, you will never be alone in this. Understand?

Azaan looked down guiltily, he now realized where he was wrong: g bhai, I am sorry

Zayaan shook his head: every action its consequences Azaan you know this – he was back to his stern tone

Azaan looked at him with puppy eyes: bhai pls

Zayaan raised a brow: are you trying to negotiate with me!

Azaan looked down and mumbled sorry

Zayaan turned around and took a ruler out of the drawer: this will teach you to not do it again

Azaan took a step backward as Zayaan turned to him: bhai noo

Zayaan: you need to know the consequences Azaan, agar school me pta chal jata or wo strict action lety to you could have wasted your year. So now no whinings hands out – he said sternly at last

Azaan bit his lip as he put his right hand forward and shut his eyes close when Zayaan placed the ruler on his palm to take the target.

Zayaan resisted the urge to coo at his baby brother looking so cute but he hardened his heart and gave a hard hit with ruler on his palm.

Azaan hissed as it came in contact with his skin.

Zayaan didn't hesitate and gave one more, like this he hit his other palm too twice.

By the end of it Azaan was close to tears.

Zayaan: I hope the lesson is learned –

Azaan sniffed: g bhai, I am sorry

Zayaan nodded: go rest now – he said as comforting after a punishment wasn't his cup of tea, he really sucks at it.

Azaan looked at him with betrayed eyes when he told him to leave, he was at least expecting a hug, not that Zayaan does it before but hope is something that keeps you alive so all you can do is hope.

But today also, like other days he Zayaan crushed his hopes and no matter how many times it already happened, it hurts bad whenever he does this.

He gave one longing look to Zayaan before going out, zayaan also didn't fail to notice this and sighed hard. He just can't do anything about it. 

To be continued...

I finally wrote the chapter 4, will be waiting for your feedback. 

Take care<3