Hunger - Short Screenplay #2

Title:  Hunger

Purpose: Ten minute DRWI screenplay assignment.

End: Yay yay yay I got another A

Genre: Thriller

Warnings: Cannibalism....

Description: When Horris, a young teen boy, kills his football teammate, he starts progressing down a slope of violence and mental instability. As his demon companion starts to find concern, things take a turn for the worse.

Note: THIS IS A SCREENPLAY! THE FORMAT WILL BE THE SAME AS THE ELEVATOR CONFLICT SCENE  AND THE SCREENPLAY FROM LAST CHAPTER! This is also HEAVILY tied to Sharu Valley which is still on my profile at the moment, so if you don't want spoilers for that, DON'T READ THIS.

EXT. COMMUNITY CHURCH - NOON

The camera pans over a small church surrounded by the dirt roads of a small town. We can see people entering, all dressed in funeral clothes.

INT. COMMUNITY CHURCH - NOON

Cut to the inside of the church where the funeral procession is being held. The camera is focused on the feet of the guests as it travels down the long aisle to the alter. As the camera slowly moves up, revealing a casket, we can see an out of focus figure moving slightly in the chancel, hidden behind a curtain. As the camera creeps up towards the chancel, still at foot level, we can see a series of CRUMBS that start to collect the closer we get to the feet of the figure.

A large black cluster of feathers hastily sweeps the crumbs away, followed by some snickering. The camera pans up on the figure, revealing their demonic fingers, long nails, black wings, and grey skin. But before the face is revealed, HORRIS's (18) hand swats at their shoulder.

Horris (scolding): I told you not to do that here!

The demon's face is now in frame and we can see he is EATING A FLAKEY PASTRY, which has left crumbs all over his face and chest. The demon, MONNIE (??), smiles mischievously.

Monnie: They were offering snacks!

Horris: The snacks are for after the precession, and also not for demons like you! God, you're so disrespectful.

Monnie: I'm not the one who killed the guy.

Horris sharply turns towards Monnie. In the background, we can hear a woman calling for Horris.

Horris: Shut the hell up!

Clarise (O.S): Horris? Horris are you ready for your speech?

Horris quickly changes his demeanor, peaking his head to the section between the chancel curtain and the platform of the alter. Horris's mother CLARISE (58) is smiling up at him sympathetically.

Clarise: Oh, are you doing alright hon?

Horris: I'm fine.

Camera pans back over to the casket where now we can see a picture of a boy surrounded by flowers over a CLOSED CASKET.

Horris (O.S): I'm just still thinking about what happened to Jared. I'll be out in a minute.

CUT TO:

INT. ROWND FAMILY LIVING ROOM

Still in their funeral clothes, Horris's family returns home. Monnie is trailing directly behind Horris but neither parent appears to be able to see him. Monnie is EATING AN APPLE. Clarise is already heading toward the kitchen, and ADAM (60) is slowly taking his shoes off, both seemingly having no apparant regard for Horris.