sleepy mornings ♡

Running the Dawn Winery was a lot of work, particularly for Diluc, as the majority of his evenings would be spent out in Mondstadt protecting the city.

Which is why the days off he gave himself once in a blue moon were a blessing.

It was early morning.

The sun peeked through the curtains that hung in the master bedroom, and the sound of birds chirping could be heard from afar.

Diluc was still asleep, but his hair was down, partially spread across the pillow, and his arm was wrapped tightly around your waist.

You attempted to slip out of his grip to go and get something to drink but was stopped by some almost inaudible muffling.

"I'll be back Diluc I'm just going to get some water," you assured him.

You tiptoed out the bedroom and went downstairs and spotted Elzer at his desk.

"Goodmorning Y/n, how did you sleep?"

You gave him a smile. "Good, thank you, I'm just grabbing something to drink,"

"It's okay, Y/n, you go back to the room, I'll bring it over," a soft and much more feminine voice spoke.

"Thanks, Adelinde," You quickly made your way back to the bedroom and found Diluc awake.

"Good morning," you said as you slipped back under the covers.

"Good morning, beautiful," he echoed back, sleepily.

You propped yourself up on your elbows.

There were a few more comfortable moments of silence before Diluc spoke again.

"Are you hungry?"

"Not really...I'd rather stay here for a bit longer,"

You moved closer, so you were leaning against him.

"Of course, anything you want, love," he wrapped his arm around you again and kissed the top of your head.

"I love you,"

"I love you more, Y/n, "

-

a/n: I love him sm