rainy evenings ♡

The sound of raindrops hitting the windows bounced through your eardrums, serving as a clear reminder of the atrocious weather.

Diluc was still working, despite the sun nearly setting, and you wanted nothing more than to be in his arms.

He emerged from his office, holding a letter with a rather focused and determined look on his face. He almost didn't notice you sitting by the fire reading a book.

"Diluc?"

He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around.

"2 seconds darling. I just need to give this to Elzer,"

"Okay!"

-

He returned shortly, slightly less stressed.

"Sorry love, there was an issue with one of our deliveries," he walked over to you, "but I'm here now,"

You got up from where you were sitting and wrapped your arms around him.

"Are you okay?" he let out a low chuckle.

"Mhm," you mumbled against his chest. "I'm so cold, and you're so warm,"

"You're adorable," he said before leaning down and pressing a soft kiss on your lips, his hands snaking around your waist in the meantime.

"Have you eaten?" he asked, now that you were sitting with him, on one of the velvet armchairs.

"Not yet," you said.

"I'll have Adelinde cook us something," he reassured.

A smile tugged at the corner of your lips.

"I love you,"

"I love you more, Y/n,"

-

a/n: I love diluc I love diluc I love diluc I love diluc I love diluc I love diluc I love diluc I love diluc