Chapter 2

*Skai's POV*

Waking up, the sun shining blindingly through the small alley that I'd slept in the night before.

Recalling my dream from last night as a tear slips from my eye.

My mother is a horrible woman, I now realize that after over 6 years of living on my own, or that is, in the homeless shelter.

I stand up, and get my balance ready to face the day. Running my fingers through my hair to smooth it out at least making my appearance look presentable.

Walking down the street to the homeless shelter that I have been relying on for the past 6 years.

Opening the door, I'm greeted by Tanya the really nice desk person. I wouldn't exactly call her a receptionist because the homeless shelter isn't a big place, just a building that people use to help others like me.

"Skai, I don't mean to be nosey, but where were you at last night? You didn't come to sleep, I was a little worried" Tanya said with a worried look on her face

"No worries I just slept somewhere else for the night" I replied back to her with a smile

"Alright then have a nice day!"

"You too!" I smiled. That woman can really brighten up anyones day by just talking to them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I walked down a few halls, up a couple flights of stairs, then finally reached my door.

I twisted the shiny, cold metal handle and entered my room.

Sitting on my bed and taking my shoes off, then standing back up again to walk over to my closet and grabbing out some random clothes;

A pair of dark wash skinny jeans, an old, plain t-shirt, and an 'Ed Sheeran' hoodie that Tanya had gotten me for Christmas, gosh I love her so much(:

I changed, then grabbed my notebook and pencil and did whatever came to my mind, usually I ended up writing small parts to songs, sometimes I wrote whole songs that I make up on the spot, some drawing, sketching, etc.. Well...it ended up being a drawing of an old family photo of my mom and I.

She looked so happy, well considering that it was over 8 years ago when I was only about 10 at the time, two years before I came here.

Just thinking about the matter makes me cry.

"UGH!" I scream, throwing my notebook across the room hitting the wall and coming to rest on my floor. 

I cant do this, i have to forget about her, the horrible woman who I had grown to love so much as a child.

But I have to forget.