❝CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR❞

▌𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 ━︎━︎ 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐨 𝐁𝐞 𝐎𝐤𝐚𝐲, 𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐲 ▌

━︎━︎━︎━︎𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 in the common room, her feet tucked beneath her as she read against the arm of the couch, her book propped in her hand. The fire was roaring, keeping her comfortable. Approaching footsteps made her turn her head and she gave Harry a small smile as he made his way around the couch, taking a seat beside of her. A frown pulled on her lips when she noticed the frown on his face. She placed her bookmark in her book, leaning forwards to sit it on the table before interlacing her fingers and cocking her head to the side. She stared at him for a moment before softly sighing.

     "What's wrong, Harry?" Juniper softly asked, turning her body to look at him. She placed her hands in her lap, her eyes never leaving his face.

     Harry didn't answer her for a moment, mulling over the conversation he and Ron had the night before. He turned to look at her, the concern dancing in her eyes sent a wave of relief through him. She wasn't angry with him, and she wasn't looking at him like he had committed the worst crime in the world. It was just her. His shoulders relaxed as he leaned back into the couch. "Ron's mad at me."

     Juniper frowned, eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "What? Why?"

     Harry sighed. "He thinks I got someone to put my name in the cup. It's not true, June. I swear to you it isn't. I don't want this. I don't want eternal glory. I don't want to do these trials. I want. . . I want to be normal."

     Juniper reached over, placing a hand on top of his. "I know, Harry. I believe you." She gave a small shrug. "If there's anyone here who understands the want of being normal, of having a normal life, it's me." She met his eyes, giving him a small smile. "I know you don't want this, but you're in this now and there's no going back. Be safe. And please, let me help you. I've heard the stories, of how dangerous these trials can be, and I need you to come out of this alive." She paused. "If no one else is on your side, Harry, then trust me when I say that I am."

     Harry nodded his head, giving her the best smile he could manage. "Thanks, June."

     Juniper moved closer to him and pulled him into a hug. "You're going to be okay, Harry. I promise."

     After a moment, Harry pulled away. "I have to go meet up with the other champions, I'm supposed to have an interview with Rita Skeeter."

     Juniper pulled a face. "I hate that woman." Harry stood. "Good luck."

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・⋆.ೃ࿔*:・