17

After arriving home, Yibo attempted to exit the car, but Zhan, who was sound asleep, whined and held onto him tighter. Yibo gently moved Zhan away from himself, quickly got out of the car, and then hunkered down to lift the younger man out of the car, holding him in a bridal style.

Jiyang's eyes widen in shock as he sees Zhan slumped and unconscious in Yibo's arms. Without delay, he hurries towards them and follows Yibo as they rush up the stairs. As they reach the room, Jiyang steps forward and opens the door for Yibo to enter. Yibo lays Zhan down on the bed and tucks him in with a warm blanket. The room is quiet as Jiyang and Yibo watch over Zhan.

"Make sure to cook something light for Zhan to eat when he wakes up, and let everyone know not to disturb him," Yibo instructs.

"yes, boss." Jiyang bowed his head before heading out of the room.

Yibo gave Zhan one last look before he left the room and closed the door behind him. Yibo slowly walked down the stairs and saw Haoxuan waiting for him. As soon as they met, Yibo said, "Don't let the word get out to his brother for now. My brother hasn't said a word to him yet." Yibo's eyes showed a hint of worry as he spoke.

Haoxuan looked at Yibo with concern and asked, "Are you sure that's okay? Not letting his brother know about his well-being?

"Yibo took a deep breath and replied calmly, "Zhan is back home safely, isn't he? We'll leave the matter be for now. He will know when the time comes." Yibo's voice was reassuring and confident.

"Grab the first aid kit and hurry back," Yibo pointed towards the medical room.

"Why do you need it? Are you hurt?" Haoxuan raised his eyebrows in confusion.

"I'm going to treat the little bunny's wounds," Yibo replied.

"Do you even know how to?" Haoxuan teased him.

Yibo smacked the back of his head before pointing to the door again.

"Enough talking, get me the first aid," he ordered.

Haoxuan rubbed his head to soothe the pain before walking away, a small pout on his lips. He was going to ask his beauty to kiss it better.

Minutes later Haoxuan came back with the kit and handed it to Yibo. Without a word, he went upstairs with the First Aid.
————————————
Yibo approached Zhan's sleeping form and knelt beside him. He carefully slid one hand under his head and another under his back, lifting him slowly into a sitting position to make him more comfortable. As he did so, he noticed the bruises and handprint marks on Zhan's cheek, which were dark and prominent against his pale skin. Dried blood had run down his lip, leaving a trail of rusty red that had stained his chin. Yibo gently brushed Zhan's hair aside, revealing the full extent of his injuries. Despite the pain he must have been in, Zhan slept on, oblivious to the world around him.

"I'm sorry Xiao Zhan!" he whispered.

If Haoxuan were in the room, he would be stunned. That's because Yibo is not known for apologizing to anyone. He's quite the opposite. Yibo is a master at instilling fear in people and making them feel like they should apologize for simply existing. It's as if he has the power to make people feel small and insignificant with just a few words. The thought of Yibo apologizing to anyone is so out of character that it's almost impossible to imagine. Haoxuan would be in disbelief.

Yibo carefully picked up a soft towel and dampened it with lukewarm water. He then approached his wounds, which were covered in dirt and dried blood and began to gently dab the towel over the affected areas, applying just enough pressure to clean the grime without causing further pain. Once he had thoroughly cleaned the wounds, he opened a small medicine kit and carefully selected the appropriate ointment to apply. With a steady hand, he gently spread the medicine over the wounds, doing his best to cover every inch of damaged skin.