Zydrate Anatomy

AN: Content warning for drug use (glamorized). Of course real drug addiction is no joke, but this song is one of the catchiest of Repo.

"I can't feel nothing at all...!"The Zydrate Zombies chorused in awful, high-pitched howl, each of them desperate for another hit of Z.

Weronika Seperack swagged into the cyberpunk alleyway, black combat boots, camo pants, a black shirt, and black leather jacket. The jacket was covered in studs, spikes, chains, and weapons, and that was just the outside. Weronika's face was scarred, but she refused to wear bandages, for the blood was her badge of honor. One of her eyes glowed unnaturally, a stolen cybernetic eye from GeneCo. It was... recycling.

"Drug market, sub-market... Sometimes I wonder why I ever got in..." Weronika's voice was low, practically a purr as she strutted over to the closest, hungry, paying customer. He was a young man about her age, and she smiled dryly at him, for although his eyes were wide with adoration, they weren't fixated on her face, but the brown satchel slung over her shoulder and hanging at her side. Likewise, as she drew closer, although his hands shot out, he wasn't grabbing for her.

"Blood market, love market..." she sneered. "Sometimes I wonder why they need me at all!" Then she shoved him away before turning to her three companions. The first was Sophia Smith, a neighbor growing up, and now a fellow graverobber and Z-dealer. The next was Michiru Kaibara, a new kid they ran into only an hour prior, in GeneCo's main graveyard. She and another girl—the third of Weronika's companions, Hayate Tendo—were looking for adventure, and they found more than they bargained for. Even after successfully escaping the graveyard and the GeneCops, the fun and danger of the night were only just beginning.

"Zydrate comes in a little glass vial!" Weronika held up a little glass vial of glowing blue liquid.

"A little glass vial?" Michiru echoed, staring up at the vial with its light reflecting in her eyes like a star.

"A little glass vial!" The Zydrate Zombies all around her chorused.

"And the little glass vial goes into the gun like a battery!" Weronika pulled a gun-shaped needle out of one of her many, many pockets, affixing the Zydrate vial to the back like a bullet in a chamber. "And the Zydrate gun goes somewhere against your anatomy!"

The young man from before was on his back, arms outstretched in a crucifix pose, and Weronika leered over him, lowering herself down slowly. She brought the tip of her needle-point gun to his femoral artery.

"And when the gun goes off, it sparks, and you're ready for surgery!" The gun zapped, and the young man's body tense, then released.

"Surgery!" The Zydrate Zombies echoed again, growing increasingly rowdy now that the goods were being passed around. Every customer wanted to be next, and there was still one more customer yet to arrive...

"Graverobber, Graverobber, sometimes I wonder why I even bother." What came strutting into the cyberpunk alley next was a drop-dead gorgeous young lady with pale, silky skin that matched her pale, silky hair. By contrast, her dress was completely black, leather and studs, lace and feathers, intersecting and intertwining to create a pattern of shadow across the inky canvas of her fancy dress.

With her was a tall, intimidating blonde woman in an all-leather uniform, dark red. Then, there was a shorter girl with mismatched hair, wearing a much more complicated and colorful outfit, wires snaking all around her as she wore an ear-piece and digital monocle, as well as a strange, glowing, three-point halo that rotated slowly around her head, an antenna.

"Graverobber, Graverobber, sometimes I wonder why I need you at all!" The little girl marched right over to Weronika, and without any sort of fear or hesitation, she attempted to pin the taller, older, stronger girl to the gritty, dirty, graffiti-ridden brick wall of the alley. Weronika scoffed and easily spun Elsie around, pinning her instead.