CHAPTER 3

Raul just finished packing the bags on the trunk for the girls, well, Dahlia's bags mostly, as well as for him and Vince, while Raul was busy trying to close the trunk, Alastor made his way to his friend and helped him close the trunk properly.

"Thanks pal, me and the others enjoyed our stay here and also, sorry for bothering you." He chuckled while scratching the back of his neck. 

"You are a busy man after all! Ha ha ha!" Nudging Alastor's arm.

"Yes, yes, but do remember that this will be the last time I'll allow another overnight, alright?" He chimed while smiling.

"Aw... Well that's a shame, but completely understandable since I sorta disturbed you for... Ahem... 4 days straight for this fishing trip..." Clicking his tongue as he admitted that he was annoying Alastor for this.

"Don't mind it friend but let's get going, we can't keep the ladies waiting now, do we?"

Raul nodded and rushes inside the car, same goes for the tall brunette as well and head to the driver's seat.

He cranked the car's engine and went off to take his guest home.

After a few minutes, they reached the busy street, and that is when Alastor offered that he will be dropping them off individually, and so he dropped Dahlia and Vince off.

When it was Raul's turn, he thanked Alastor for that one night stay once again and said his goodbyes to Lucille as well, after that he watched as his friend's car drive off.

On the way to Lucille's destination, the two didn't utter a single word with each other the whole ride, till the car eventually stops.

Lucille got off the car. "Thank you for the ride home Alastor."

"No problem dear, I hope you enjoyed your stay." 

She turned around to go inside her apartment but suddenly remembered something, she looked back at Alastor to speak her mind.

"Control your animals, dear. I thought I was being hunted last night." Looking at him in the corner of her eye seriously.

After she said that, she finally left, only for Alastor to chuckled at this comment.

"Will do darling~" He said with a grin in reply and drove off.

-----------------

"I'm finally home.. Ugh." She sigh heavily, dragging her feet off the ground while her bag and hat all fell to the floor as she slump down on her bed with a thunk.

She rolled her body the other way, facing the ceiling, she still wonders what that noise was when she was alone, it didn't felt like an animal was watching her, it was something else..

Lucille consider herself to be lucky that night, her brows crunch together as her mind falls into deep thoughts, it could have been someone trespassing or someone that already knew the property... She took her time to think till she shook her head left and right to shake off that thought out, before it causes more wrinkles on her face. 

She'll admit, she still doesn't trust Alastor as much as her friends do, his smile, his demeanor, all of it was so off putting for her, that she can't read him at all, she can be an open book sometimes but him.. He's a book sealed deep into whatever hole he came from...

"Tsk..." clicking her tongue.

She got up and prepared herself for work, while doing that she turned her radio on.

[White noises burst through the radio]

[Buzz]

.

.

[Click]

.

.

[Crackling radio static, followed by a lively jazz sting]

"Good evening, New Orleans! This is your nightly host, Louis Sinclair, coming to you live, bringing you the latest headlines around New Orleans.
 And tonight's report delves into a shocking and somber turn of events, so hold onto your hats, folks things are about to get rather intense as the New Orleans killer has striked yet again."

[The radio dramatically paused with soft, eerie background music]

"First up, a story that has cast a shadow over our vibrant city. earlier today, a shocking discovery was made in the Garden District. The lifeless body of Mr. Lawrence Dupree, a prominant figure know for his charitable work and esteemed presence in our society, was found dead in an alley way under the most disturbing circumstances."

Knives clashing together can be heard echoes through the kitchen, with sweet humming filling the silent room.

"Mr. Dupree, age 31, was discovered in what can only be described as a scene of sheer horror. His body was cruelly arranged amidst the debris, with evidence of missing parts as if it was a trophy to keep, and was subjected to a brutal and violent struggle before meeting his untimely end."

Holding the carefully chopped meat into the pan, searing it to perfection.

"The grim discovery has sent ripples of fear through the Garden District. Authorities urge anyone with information to come forward, promising anonymity to those who might hold the key to unraveling this dark mystery.

In a related note, we turn our attention to another unsettling development. Reports have surfaced about a missing person case that has captivated the city's imagination. Walter Sterling, age 26, was last seen in the warehouse he worked at, he is know to be a loving family guy."

PLEASEEE! JUST LET ME GO! I never touched those damned girls..! I wont do it again..! I swear to my life I wont never lift another hand to those girls again..! JUST WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO WRONG TO DESERVE THESE BULLSHIT!  The man begged in the cold and dimmed cellar, only for his cries to be drowned with the smooth jazz playing in the radio.

"His wife has been confined in the hospital for 2 weeks, leaving him with 3 daughters to raise and care for on his own. His friends and relatives are desperately seeking answers, and the police are diligently following leads, though their efforts so far have yielded few clues, the community urged to keep a vigilant eye and report any unsual activity.

As the search for Walter continues, no matter how insignificant it may seem, with heavy hearts. We will, of course, continue to keep you update on these case till new information comes to light. Until then, stay safe, stay alert, and remember that even in the darkest times, there remains a glimmer of hope."

Alastor finishes his meal, on his face, a wide crooked smile can be seen, his laughter echoed through the room with taps and faint scratching sounds was heard, as big inhumane shadows appeared from behind, laughing with him like the mad man he is.

"This is Louis Sinclair signing off. Thank you you for joining us this evening. Goodnight, and may you find comfort in the safety of your homes."

[Music ends, and the broadcast transitions to regular programming]