A Thoughtful Walk

"Bye, Seannn!"

"See ya, devil."

Sean, once again, found himself alone in the club room. After heavily anticipating the end of the day, he kinda just waited a bit, looking around the room. After a moment of thinking if he should stay or go, he finally decided that he'd might as well just start walking home.

Home.
It's honestly been kinda rough lately.

It's not something he really talked about. And anybody that knew probably would've had to also confide in him. I mean a few of his friends also had rocky home lives, but to know he got it like that too kinda hit him in a different way.

He was one of those people who supported his friends greatly. No matter the issue, he'd be there. A great listener with great advise. Almost everyone came to him. But it's not like he didn't have anyone to talk to or anything. His friends would constantly tell them that they were there for him. And he certainly believes them! He just doesn't think they'd fully get him. The only thing he'd receive is sympathy. Which is great and all! But they wouldn't feel his pain, they wouldn't know, they wouldn't understand the feelings he felt.

As Sean walked down the sidewalk, he thought. He thought about his parents. He thought about what he'd hear when he opened the front door. He thought about what they'd be arguing about. And as gross as it was, he thought about how much he missed it when they would call each other "babe" and cuddle on the couch.

The worst part of it, he thought to himself, is that Sean's parents loved him and his siblings more than anything. And he loved them too. So so much. And to see them be kind of on and off like this was heartbreaking. It felt so... weird. He had heard them talk about divorce before and the idea broke him. Just the slightest mention caused him to think about having to pick between them. To decide which side he loved more? He couldn't possibly do that to two people who have both been there since day one. He truly wanted more than anything for them to finally work it out, but lately it seemed like that would never happen. Because honestly no matter if it were the dishes or just one little glare at the wrong time, they'd just start screaming at each other.

As Sean was nearing home he decided to sit down on a bench. He took a second to look around at the familiar. The crooked trees, the old stop signs, and a small playground he used to go to when he was little. He remembered when his parents would take him there. He just sat, reminiscing on the times when it was still peaceful. He smiled a bit thinking about it.

Man, he missed it. He tried to remain hopeful for the future. And he really REALLY tried to not let it get to him. But they were his parents, of course it would affect him. All he could really do was just sigh looking out at the neighborhood. After taking a moment, he got up to make the rest of the way to his place.

...

As Sean opened the front door to his house, he noticed something. He heard no yelling, no crying, no huffs or scoffs of anger, just quiet. Nothing too odd though. I mean silence wasn't an often occurrence, but it's not like it was alarming. Sean walked further in the house and saw his mom sleeping on the couch. She looked tired. Boy, did it hurt to see. He figured his dad was at work. He looked tired too whenever he came home.

Sean left his mother to rest and went upstairs to finish up a project that was due. When he ended up falling asleep at his desk with his headphones still on, both of his parents creaked open the door and whispered,

"We love you Sean,".

And that folks, was my first ever oneshot! Sean angst isn't something I see much of so I just wanted to give the guy some attention. He's one of my favorite characters and I feel he's often dismissed because he's seen as just a caring guy that no one should really be worrying about. Or should they? Maybe sometimes someone's life isn't the worst but they could still be struggling. Everyone wants to talk about the people that they think has it the worst, has the most going on, or has the most potential for a juicy backstory. Personally, I think the smaller things should be talked about more.
Anyway thats all!
See ya, love ya💋