Chapter 2: Eric

Black blood was dripping from my finger, landing on the counter...
I remained speechless at the sight of this...well... substance?
I used my finger to take some of the substance off the counter and examined it. It was this shiny liquid-thing that looked like ink. It did not smell like that, however. Instead, it was the exact smell of blood.
I gulped and quickly grabbed a napkin to clean off the "blood?"
I quickly ran back to my room, opened my phone, and started dialing Yasu's number. Don't know why he was the first one who came to my mind but he was always bluffing about supernatural conspiracies.
I was almost done dialing his number when suddenly,

the phone flew out of my hand...

"What the-!", I exclaimed, jumping back. The phone landed safely on the bed but...how?!!!
I froze for a minute. My eyes widened as I stared at the phone.
What?
What is this...
What is going on...
My hand did not act on its own. That phone literally flew out of my hand!
I gulped and stepped closer to reach for the phone. My heart was racing as I slowly grabbed the phone. I picked it up and looked at it with intense fear. My hands were shaking.
No...this has to be me. Maybe I made an unconscious action. This has to be the only way...

Right?

I sighed. I still have to deal with the blood. I opened the phone once more. I dialed Yasu's number and waited for him to respond. Suddenly, the phone flew out of my hand once more, this time hitting the wall. My heart skipped a beat and I let a loud scream. The phone landed a few inches in front of my feet. It was still trying to call Yasu.
I kneeled down and stared at the phone.
I obviously wasn't going to pick it up this time.
I remained speechless, not knowing what to do with this phone.
Suddenly...

beep...end call...

I jumped back and fell right on the floor.
The phone ended the call and exited the app independently.

Phone shutting down

"WHAT THE FUCK?!!!", I exclaimed once more.
In a split second, I quickly got up and sprinted towards my bed. I hid under the cover making sure my feet weren't dangling out of the cover.
I shut my eyes and hope to god I sleep this time.

The next day, I woke up but still remained under the cover. The phone was most probably not on the ground. Maybe someone heard me screaming and went to check. I hoped that my brother would walk in, notice the phone, took a closer look at it and then it would fly into his face. I remained under my blanket, refusing to even take a peak. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, which startled me.
"Megumi!", Minakami yelled out.
I sighed. Now I have to deal with him.
"Go to school without me!", I yelled back.
"There's no school today scatterbrain!", He replied.
I just remembered that today was Saturday. Yay? I guess.
"Ok? What do you want from me?", I asked in frustration. "There's no school so fuck off!"
"I'm just here to tell ya that my friends are coming over.", He answered.
"Didn't ask!", I responded.
"I'm just saying.", He said. "Don't bother us since I know you hate us all."
"You said it yourself!", I replied. "If I hate them, I'll obviously avoid them. Hashtag logic!"
"Good girl.", He teased.
"Go away!", I shouted.
"Damn ok! Chill!", He exclaimed as I heard the sound of his footsteps growing further. Thank God.
I was still under the cover. Never in my life have I been scared of a phone this much.
"Ok enough hiding...", I thought to myself. "Just one peak."
I slowly peak out of my cover, my heart racing as I did so.
At last, I had a clear view of the room.
I gulped and slowly looked down where the phone most likely is lying there.
I finally did and...

Yup it was there.
I slowly had the courage to remove the blanket and get up. As I walked past the phone, I shifted to the side in order to avoid it. After doing so, I quickly opened my door and exited my room.
I let out a sigh of...relief? I honestly don't know how to feel.
I glanced at my injured finger. I remembered the black blood that poured from it. I sighed once more and entered the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror.
I filled my brush with toothpaste and started brushing my teeth.
As I did, I thought about what happened last night. What could this all be. Schizophrenia? That's the only solution that came to my head. It has to be.
Frustration and worry built up inside me as I kept thinking about it more. Too frustrated that I was aggressively brushing my teeth that blood dripped out. Black blood...