Chapter 14

Daniela P

Daniela P.O.V.

"Brrrrrinnnng brrring!!!" The sound of the phone ringing disrupted me from what I had been doing in the kitchen. It has been ringing nonstop since morning.

I quickly rushed over to get it from the other side of the counter. Seeing my mother's name printed on the screen I looked up to the heavens. A wah she want now though God?

I answered the call.

"Hey mummy wah gwan?" I greeted with a chaste smile.

"You really have the audacity a ask mi that? A mi fi a ask you a wah gwan enuh child."

"Wah yah talk bout mummy?" I asked puzzled. "Your not talking to me straight. Mi nah understand yuh."

"Daniela" she said my name in warning. "Tell mi why mi deh here a watch the news and a you mi see paste up all over the Tv screen pose up on a man?"

My eyes flew wide open. She said what?

I hastily moved to the living room area and found the remote to power on the Tv and there it was, me decked in the purple dress from last night, Diego close behind with his arms around me our faces turned to each others wearing happy smiles. Pictures from all angles were displayed as the hosts discussed my relationship, their hot topic.

Now I expected some type of public reaction from us deciding to come out with our relationship but I did not expect it to be this big that every news feed aired it as part of their scoop.

Maybe publicly displaying our relationship was'nt such a good idea afterall.

"Yuh speechless?" My mother asked rhetorically.

"Mummyyyy" I whined.

"Don't mummy me," she replied. "From you born in this world til now I never see you with a man. Mi did a begin fi believe say you gone the next way due to how you gwan like you fraid a man. Daniela look how long mi a beg yuh fi a son in law and the one time you finally get a man I find out from nosy Suzi cross the street." She lectured.