Part-3

September 9 - Today, M had tuition with his friend Romon at 3:00 pm, while we had our session with Pollob at 4:00 pm (M took tuition with one of his friends earlier than his other friends to avoid me and the teasing). As M's class began, me and my friends were outside and my friends started to talk with Pollob outside the tuition room, my friends and Pollob were laughing together. Monikha asked Pollob about 10th grade rank holders, and when it came to the sixth position, Pollob glanced at me and told Monikha, "Her one" while looking at me.

After a few minutes of conversation, M shouted from inside the room, telling Pollob and my friends to stop talking. Pollob then teased M asking, "Are you getting jealous, M?" implying that M was jealous because Pollob was near me and was talking to my friends.

September 14 - During tuition, we were waiting to join tuition with the 10th graders for our session, standing outside the tuition room with my friends and M's friends. Me and M were close to each other, with him and his friends behind me, M was having conversation with his friends and at the same time I engaged in conversation with my friend Urmila. Suddenly, Monikha asked me, "Tonmo, are you sitting?" I didn't respond, but the moment she asked me this, everyone chimed in with a collective "oooo," including M.

Inside the tuition room, we sat in the right row, occupying the second last bench, while M sat in the first row. He seemed to be turning back frequently, perhaps secretly stealing glances at me. Pollob, Nayan, and another guy sat behind us, and though I think it was Pollob, one of them said to me "Naga's Nagini," in a teasing manner but I didn't turned back at them. As M and I had Mongoloid looks like the Naga people they teased us like this that time and I found this somewhat racist. (Naga is an ethnicity in Northeast India). It's not like native Assamese don't have Mongoloid looks, some have Mongoloid looks whereas some has Caucasoid look just like Nepalis. Me and M have Mongoloid looks as I mentioned and we're native Assamese.

During break time at school, while chatting with my friends Ankita and Useen, I caught M looking at me many times.