4 - The Groom-to-Be

Bhavna was ecstatic. She had bagged a good deal. "The girl is amazing, Jeet. She's a good entrepreneur. "

"Mm...hmm? Really?", Jeet responded, uninterested, engrossed in a magazine. 

"Yes" Bhavna chipped while sipping tea. "I have seen their books. She turned SeGe around. Ananya is going to be a great addition to the family."

"Bhavna, don't you think we should speak to Rehaan once? I mean, after the accident... She was there, Ayaan... they have too much history... and I think..."

"Jeet, Ananya is good for our business... So this topic ends here. Is that clear?"

"See... this, exactly this is why your son is a coked up sex addict!" Jeet  slammed the magazine on the floor. 

"He's not an addict! He's the next generation of this god damn business." Bhavna howled.

"Oh really?" Jeet held Bhavna by her hand and dragged her out of the room. "Come, let me show you what your son is upto..." 

"Leave my hand, Jeet!" Bhavna struggled to release herself, but Jeet kept pulling her with him across the hallway. 

Rehaan was snorting drugs from the thighs of  a half naked woman when Jeet barged into his room. The woman pushed Rehaan away and curled up, pulling a blanket on herself. Pissed, he stood up to hit her.

"REHAAN!" Bhavna shouted.

Rehaan turned and tumbled on the floor, "Mom, Dad, Hi!" 

"Kishan!" Bhavna yelled at one of the house help. "Clean him up and bring him to me."

Bhavna stormed out of the room while Jeet helped Rehaan, "Why do you do this to yourself, beta?" Rehaan wasn't conscious enough to answer him. 

"May I speak to you for a minute?" The girl spoke to Jeet softly. 

"Aren't you Ashim Mirchandani's daughter?" Jeet frowned.

"Yes Uncle. Rehaan is a nice boy, take care of him."

"Are you dating him? Does your father know you are here?"

"I am dating him, yes, but, my father can't know about this."

"If you love him, why don't you stop him from doing all this?"

"Love? I'm with him for the sex" she scoffed.

Rehaan woke up sometime in the evening. "Kishan Bhaiya?" he groaned.  Bhavna was sitting at a distance. "Get up, Rehaan!"

"Mom?" he uttered, sitting up, "What are you doing in my room?"

"You need to stop all these, drugs, sex and whatever other nonsense you are into."

"Oh! and is there any particular reason that I should be listening to you?" He spat.

"Do you want to be shoved into a rehab? Your dad is planning to do so." Bhavna warned.

"What do you want from me, Mom?" 

"Good! Now that's like a good boy." Bhavna handed him Ananya's photo, "Remember her?"

"Anu!" He whispered and shot up "Why do you have her picture?"

"You are getting married to her."

"What? NO!" Rehaan threw the photo on the floor. "Leave her alone, Mom"

"Rehu, she's good for the business. I want her."

"I don't want anything to do with those siblings. I can't marry her just because u want her."

"It's already done sweetheart!" Bhavna patted on Rehaan's shoulder and started walking towards the door.

"MOM! Stop ruining people's lives", Rehaan yelled.  Bhavna turned towards Rehaan and uttered sharply, "Didn't Ayaan abandon you? Don't you want revenge?"

The words hit Rehaan like a slap. Ayaan had in-fact abandoned him when he needed him the most. Had Ayaan not left for the UK, Rehaan's life would have been different. 

"Fine." Rehaan approved, "But, I want the full media circus and a big-fat indian wedding."

"Done.", Bhavna smirked.